Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Server and Connection issues

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2013
I made the same thread on central and mentioned Dworgyn because I cannot even pick spells at this point. It's gotten to the point where I can't do anything other than quit the game. I know its not on my end because all other websites and things are working fine. This hasnt just been here its been in other places and other people have been having problems as well.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Hi! If you're using the Windows 10 Anniversary Update there is a known bug causing a lot of lag and we have a fix coming soon. Uninstalling the latest Windows 10 update can help alleviate the problem for now.

If this isn't the issue, then please contact Customer Support so they can help identify the cause.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
Dworgyn, can I suggest a heads-up on the opening screen? The reason for the game acting strange is probably pretty mysterious to a lot of players.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Dworgyn on Aug 7, 2016 wrote:
Hi! If you're using the Windows 10 Anniversary Update there is a known bug causing a lot of lag and we have a fix coming soon. Uninstalling the latest Windows 10 update can help alleviate the problem for now.

If this isn't the issue, then please contact Customer Support so they can help identify the cause.
As a general rule, I don't keep Test Realm installed on my computer. It has always given me problems in the past causing a lot of lag for me in Live game.

I have had it installed now through the last 2 test realms and decided to remove it this afternoon. In doing so, my anti-virus popped with a threat warning and would not complete the uninstall until the threat was removed. I have no idea what that threat was but the fact it seems to be connected with Test Realm may warrant some research. Since I have finally removed Test Realm, I don't seem to have any problems with lag or connection issues.

No, I am not using windows 10, but I did have the disconnects and the lag that many others had at the same time....I am using XP so I don't have the issues as a general rule that some have with the newer OS. This time though, I did.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2012
Dear Kingsisle Techs,

You told me through email that you are aware of my following issue.

After you performed your Summer Update, my game would CRASH and I cannot play Wizard101 now.

I can get to the Entering Game Screen then I get the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH SCHOOL, I MEAN DEATH,
with the following CRASH error, nv4_disp.dll which happens to be my MAIN DRIVER for my graphics card.

I NEVER had problems with it before, so I uninstalled the drivers and re-installed with updated current drivers and
STILL is CRASHING with the same error.

Your techs sent me this email...

Hi,
This issue has been identified as affecting a number of players and is going to be resolved in short order.
Please keep an eye on the Wizard101 updates page.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Best regards,
KingsIsle Support

Your techs are awesome with much work to do so I understand...

Meanwhile I ordered a NEWER GRAPHICS CARD.

My old one was...NVIDIA GeForce 6200 256MB

My NEW CARD IS...

Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
Video Memory: 1GB GDDR3
Memory Interface: 64-bit
Bus: PCI-Express 2.0 x16
Max. Resolution: 2048 x 1536
Connectors: DMS-59
Core Clock: 520 MHz

HOPEFULLY this one will work well!

Thanks for your help!

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
Yea, I have the same problem as well, after this new update i have been lagging like CRAZY! I was playiing perfectly fine just a week ago playing with high settings. I hope they fix this soon cause i would really like to play the game again as soon as possible

Survivor
May 14, 2013
having a lot of latency issues with the wizard 101 client, its server issue as I was monitoring the bandwidth at home and at 2.1gbps but having my wizard waiting 5 mins to go through the door in Ravenwood is annoying

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
The only reason why I'm not able to connect is that a hurricane is here messing with Wizard, I think. (Hurricane Matthew.)