Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can PVP please be more skill based?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
So today i was doing a 1v1 quick match tourney on my lvl 72 myth and i lost a match due to being unlucky. I went first and used tower shield he immediately max bolted me, then the next turn i tower shielded again and he used storm helephant, the following turn i bubbled because he only had 2pips and i had medusa and a blade and frog in hand so i was planning on using medusa into blade frog but after i bubble he max bolted me and won. I lost a match that i shouldn't have lost because i got unlucky i dont really think this is fair because even if you're more skill you may still lose just by luck.

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
This game has ALWAYS been luck based. about the cards you get in your hand, if you crit or not, hoard packs, pet hatching, even fishing is luck based.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2011
Leicrex on Aug 6, 2016 wrote:
This game has ALWAYS been luck based. about the cards you get in your hand, if you crit or not, hoard packs, pet hatching, even fishing is luck based.
Even worse, the players that situate their gear to Immune to all schools, then they have it set up that they have no damage, because they don't expect to hit at all! so all they do is JuJu and heal, JuJu and heal the entire game, today I ran into five of these, I only played six matches... They go on and on wasting cards and time, it has rendered my experience with PVP boring and irritating so much so that I have decided to quit all together today! More and more people are doing this strategy, and you never get hit or have to shield, its just the most boring experience I can think of in the game... I hope the King Isle decides to eliminate this somehow, I don't know how they could accomplish it, like maybe say no spamming, or that you must hit your opponent, I don't know but I quit, everyone seems to have resorted to that strategy, so I am off to finding a new true combat game which is what I am looking for in a game, a challenge, there is no challenge in JUJU and heal, I just don't want to play a game that has become so irritating, I will spend my money somewhere else! I do hope they change it, because I did enjoy the game before all these people decided to ruin it! No more aggravation for me, take care all...

Natalie Goldnright, one of many aggravated by PVP shift

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
In a way it is skill based because you need to know what do do w.the cards you draw

Explorer
Jan 19, 2014
It's just an Unlucky match. You can't always expect it to go the way you want... and that's the fun of it. Sometimes you get unlucky and die. Other times you get lucky and win. Some of the time it's skill, but most of it is luck. Like Who goes first. Or what the other guy said, your card draw and Crit. It's just a bad break and move on, you will win other matches in your future