Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My idea on how to balance PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 16, 2011
I dislike pvp just because every time I join a practice match it doesn't take long before you get hit with level 40+ spell when the level cap in the match is 20

Warlords are notorious for this, along with their insane 50%+ resist on low leveled gear (when an ice at that level wouldn't have over 10 from their gear) whenever I see one on the other team I know there's no chance the match will be fun in any way. (but please lower the stats on low level warlord gear)

Now i'm not going to say "omg ban all treasure cards!!!" I think there needs to be a limit on what treasure cards are allowed in pvp (mainly focusing on attack cards rather then blades and such)

1. You cannot use a TC that is above your current level, for example a level 10 storm cannot cast a TC storm lord. Basically you can only use TC cards that you could have at your current level

2. You cannot use school specific TC cards if you are not that school, for example a level 48 fire cannot use a TC frost giant.

3. Pet given spells and jewels apply to the above.

4. Lets say you have an item that gives a card that is alright for your level and school. But if you can't buy it and it's only dropped from a boss you can't access then it cannot be used. (don't know if there is one but let's just say there is)

5. TC cards and item given cards for single blades and traps are a bit iffy if it's not your school but I don't see a huge reason to ban them.

6. I'm alright with TC's like weakness and smoke screen along with dispels since they deal no damage and don't provide a huge disadvantage

speaking of a huge disadvantage that brings me to my last idea (not about TC's this time)

Spectators cannot see chat from either team, ive seen spectators that go in just to tell one team what the other is saying (out of the game so the other team has no idea it's happening until it's to late). That gives a huge advantage to that team while ruining the other team's ability to talk and work together. (I find it sad that people have to go that low to win a game)

Oh and a shoutout to those of you out there that don't do any of the above and don't ruin the game for others :)