Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Thinkng Fast In PVP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2011
PVP is ok as it is right now, but i think there should be more! I think there should be a new mode of PVP called "Quick Cast". In this mode of PVP the regular timer of 30 seconds would be reduced to 10 seconds. This would have people thinking on their feet, debating in their head about what they should do, but if they debate too long, they will end up passing. This would make PVP more fast paced because people wouldn't be able to sit there mulling over what to do. In conclusion, this could bring on a whole new way to play the game. (Note: This could also be a mode option for people who have reached lvl 100, the whole game in "Quick Cast" mode.)

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Part of the reason this won't be popular is because not everyone's connection is able to register right away. We already have complaints about slow connections causing people to not get their "full" 30 seconds in normal pvp.

This also limits the utility of discarding and card cycling, which are also important for strategy and tactics. I suppose the normal practice of cycling cards to find one you want will be abandoned in favour of decks that have maybe 9 cards total, so you don't have to, if the Quick Cast match become a thing.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
This is a nice idea and after sitting through hundreds if not thousands of spell animations (cough cough, forest lord) I'm sure plenty of us would love an increase in the pace of rounds, but I don't think reducing the amount of time for us to choose spells is a good option.

Sure it's about thinking on our feet and clicking as soon as possible, but what about the people that aren't particularly as quick as you may be? My younger sister has a level 78 storm as well as menu chat (so you can get an idea of her age) and usually takes a while to decide on a spell. It's just how it is, not everyone can choose spells right off the bat and the fact that Wizard 101 gives us 30 seconds is fair enough for players who play all types of speeds.

If you're facing someone who takes a long time to choose spells in PvP, giving them less time and the risk of passing because they were still deciding isn't a really fair way to win more matches

Also, if some players use it and others don't, regardless, the players that do will have to wait for the ones that don't making it obsolete in those instances.

Why not just increase the speed of spell animations?