Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is fishing in the Oasis worth it?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 27, 2016
I've just gotten Krokotopia, and wanted to know if there are any fish worth catching in the Oasis itself, as I've only found Balancecudas and Mainstream Dekoi so far, and I'm at around 38 energy.

If there aren't, where should I look for better fish in Krokotopia And more importantly, what school are they?

Survivor
Sep 10, 2015
I honestly don't think fishing in Krockotopia is worth it at all. I haven't been looking particularly for bodies of water that fish inhabitant either, but I'm pretty sure that the oasis is the only area where you can fish.

I would recommend fishing in Cyclops lane, you get better fish, and there are many species there. You get around 1,000 fishing xp for every new fish you discover!
The schools there are Storm,Myth,Death,Fire, and occasionally Life

Kayla
LvL 33

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
In the Oasis you'll find the Strawberry Jellyfish (the only place you can find it) as well as the Krokotopian Eel.

Strawberry Jellyfish is Fire, and swims very, very slow.

Krokotopian Eel is Balance, and it's so rare I find them that when I actually catch one, I've forgotten to pay attention to how fast it was swimming. That's really the only way I can distinguish rare fish in an area where 75% of the fish are the same school.

I really hate trying to catch Krokotopian Eels and Errol Flynns because their characteristics are so similar to other fish in their fishing holes and they're all Rank 1, so you waste so much time and energy catching Balancecudas and Mainstream Dekois.

Explorer
Nov 08, 2015
In my opinion no. fishing in Krok is not worth it! i do recommend trying the Darkmoor manor. i've gotten a good for or five thousand gold from the decent sized morganth fish there.

hope this helps!

Morgan goldstrider-71