Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I have a question about pet hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 14, 2015
Someone wanted to hatch with one of my pets and said because his pet's pedigree is higher; he would get another one of his pets, not mine. Is this true? Is it a 50/50 chance or does pedigree have anything to do with it

Survivor
Apr 06, 2012
I haven't heard anything or seen any difference when hatching based on pedigree...I always put the pet I want the most on the first circle and cross my fingers!!! Smiles.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
That is completely fake and is just another rumor. It is a 50/50 chance to get either pet.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
Most rumors say that the lower the pedigree, the chance is higher of obtaining that pet.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Pedigree has nothing to do with what pet you get. There is not a 50/50 chance either. Different pets have different chances of hatching. In general, it's best to think of it as being a 50/50 chance, but in truth pets have a rarity value that is unseen. Some pets have a high chance of hatching others have a low chance. Most hatches simply balance out to near even odds over time. Aside from the few pets that KI have specifically said have zero chance of hatching true, I've never seen a pet that doesn't hatch eventually. It's just a matter of try, try and try again until you get what you want.