Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Elephant Graveyard Sentinels too op!?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 27, 2011
So I began fishing to make my way towards the ultimate goal of farming Elephant Graveyard for those Beckett wands, and I've been doing so since getting all the spells that I needed for it. I've found that sentinels seem to spawn very quickly after I cast a banish spell on them, and it's really taking a toll on my energy. I buy refills and everything while I farm, and having to recast that spell because the sentinels come back within 10 minutes of me getting rid of them becomes tedious, and kinda expensive. Nobody makes me spend those crowns but I feel like the spell I cast should be eliminating the problem that the sentinels pose.

Explorer
Nov 08, 2015
Mraquaticfisb on Jul 27, 2016 wrote:
So I began fishing to make my way towards the ultimate goal of farming Elephant Graveyard for those Beckett wands, and I've been doing so since getting all the spells that I needed for it. I've found that sentinels seem to spawn very quickly after I cast a banish spell on them, and it's really taking a toll on my energy. I buy refills and everything while I farm, and having to recast that spell because the sentinels come back within 10 minutes of me getting rid of them becomes tedious, and kinda expensive. Nobody makes me spend those crowns but I feel like the spell I cast should be eliminating the problem that the sentinels pose.
I have this same problem! i wanted to get the wand but gave up soon after noticing how many sentinels there are! its CRAZY i agree there to op!

Morgan goldstrider- 72

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Since the last update, the Sentinel population in Zafaria has gotten out of control. When fishing in Zafaria first came out, it was this bad. Then they improved it. Now it seems like that change has been reverted or reset.

I have a wizard who isn't high enough level to get the Dragonspyre fishing quests, and as a result couldn't learn the Banish Sentinel spell. I got a one month membership and took him to Zafaria (as well as other worlds) to catch some fish while he had full access to all areas. Sentinel presence in Baobab Crossroads, Baobab Market, and Elephant Graveyard are brutal. In Baobab Market especially, it seems like 40 - 50% of the fish that spawn are Sentinels.

I know that's not specifically what the OP was talking about, but if Sentinels are also spawning quickly after being banished in addition to an increased presence, then perhaps all aspects of Sentinels in that world that need to be assessed.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2015
Today's Catch of the Day was in Baobob Crossroads - my first time fishing there. The sentinel fish there are out of control.

Even when fishing them all out or scaring them, there is no clearing them out. If I somehow manage to clear an area for 30 seconds, one will inevitably respawn right on top of my lure. Their respawn rate is insanely fast. As well as the sheer numbers of them. At least half of the fish there are sentinels.

Nearly impossible for my toons that do not have the Banish Sentinel spell yet.

This is more thasn "challenging" - this game cheat makes fishing there no fun at all.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Catch the sentinels. They don't respawn as quickly when you do.