Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please; Sell Bundles on Wizard 101 website <3

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 07, 2010
Dear Powers that be at W101 ..
I need to let you know that I have only been able to find one bundle card to buy in the 5 years I have played this game. I live in a very rural area, it is a 60 mile round trip to get to any of the stores that sell the cards and they almost always just stock the money cards and no bundles. I would have bought everyone of them but I simply had no access. Note; I am an adult so I can drive myself but the selections are dismal. When I asked for them to carry more the reply is, "they just send us what they send us". I live in So Oregon, so I shop in Grants Pass. P.S. Dollar General is never stocked so they dropped the ball. I have been to others places too.. no luck.

You are missing a huge number of potential sales by not offering these bundles on YOUR OWN WEBSITE.
You are also abandoning your service obligation to your customers satisfaction of your product. I spend a lot on this game and I love it,, you just have to help!!
I beg you to please start carrying the bundles on your website, I'd even pay more for them if I could only just get some finally.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
WildeHilde33 on Jul 19, 2016 wrote:
Dear Powers that be at W101 ..
I need to let you know that I have only been able to find one bundle card to buy in the 5 years I have played this game. I live in a very rural area, it is a 60 mile round trip to get to any of the stores that sell the cards and they almost always just stock the money cards and no bundles. I would have bought everyone of them but I simply had no access. Note; I am an adult so I can drive myself but the selections are dismal. When I asked for them to carry more the reply is, "they just send us what they send us". I live in So Oregon, so I shop in Grants Pass. P.S. Dollar General is never stocked so they dropped the ball. I have been to others places too.. no luck.

You are missing a huge number of potential sales by not offering these bundles on YOUR OWN WEBSITE.
You are also abandoning your service obligation to your customers satisfaction of your product. I spend a lot on this game and I love it,, you just have to help!!
I beg you to please start carrying the bundles on your website, I'd even pay more for them if I could only just get some finally.
I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles finding our bundles.

Just as a heads up, it appears the two closest locations to Grant's Pass that are reporting they have the new Cuckoo Clock bundle are the following stores:

• Walmart Store 5424, Eagle Point Oregon
  • Walmart Store 1772, Klamath Falls Oregon

We're also trying to secure a place on Walmart.com to list the bundle for sale on their website.

Thank you, and I will make sure Marketing is aware of your feedback.

Explorer
Feb 24, 2015
I would like to add my Canadian voice to the plea of kings isle having its own website for selling the bundles. Also I am quite sure there are many other players from countries outside the United States that would dearly love to be able to buy the bundles as well.

It is highly unfair that just because we aren't American citizens we are left out in the cold when it comes to purchasing bundle. It is starting to make me think the Kingsisle doesn't really think or care about us. At the very least the rest of the world appears to be an afterthought at best.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
I had actually talked to Wizard101 on Facebook, once a new bundle comes out, the change one on the website, for example, the clock work bundle is here.... ever green is leaving...

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
They do sell them on the Wizard101 website, but alas I see your concern because it is usually old bundles that are for sale on the website.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Eliais on Jul 21, 2016 wrote:
I would like to add my Canadian voice to the plea of kings isle having its own website for selling the bundles. Also I am quite sure there are many other players from countries outside the United States that would dearly love to be able to buy the bundles as well.

It is highly unfair that just because we aren't American citizens we are left out in the cold when it comes to purchasing bundle. It is starting to make me think the Kingsisle doesn't really think or care about us. At the very least the rest of the world appears to be an afterthought at best.
The thing is that the bundle cards need to sit in stores until the hype dies off, and then fewer people want to buy them when they're available online for international customers.

But seriously, I feel for KI on this one. I'm sure they have to offer the cards for customers who don't have credit cards or can't make online purchases. The cards make it possible for those customers to buy bundles. So good for them doing their best to include as many people as possible.

But because they need to offer the cards, there's probably some sort of agreement with either the card manufacturer or perhaps the vendors stocking the cards that they have exclusive distributorship of the cards for a pre-determined period of time before KI is allowed to offer the bundles online on their site. Putting the bundles online immediately would more than likely cut into the "brick and mortar" stores' card sales. They don't want to sit on a bunch of dead inventory, so they need some incentive to drive sales of the cards.

I could be completely wrong about this, but having a bit of an idea of how business works, that's what I suspect. I truly believe KI would absolutely love to be able to offer this product to all of us immediately, but when you have distribution partnerships with other companies, sometimes you don't get to choose your own direction.

I'm sure there are confidentiality agreements that prohibit KI from publicly revealing the terms of any such agreements, which is why they won't get too in depth when responding to questions about bundle cards.

But KI wants to generate sales as much as anybody else does, so you can be certain that if they could, they would put the bundles online immediately. We as international customers are not an afterthought to KI, not in the least. They just have responsibilities that get in the way sometimes.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2015
Same here and I'm in New Zealand finding it hard to buy the new bundles. Three of my children play this game as well as myself. I Don't understand why you just cant add it to your web site? Spending crowns on Hoard packs in the hopes of getting what you want is now fair when you can just buys the bundle BUT its a bit far to drive.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
Eliais on Jul 21, 2016 wrote:

While I'd rather not speak for anyone else, it's likely that Wizard101/Kingsisle has contracts with these stores they give bundles that prevent them from selling the bundles on their own site. (I mean who would go out of their way to go down to Walmart just to buy something you can get from the source?). Though I'm happy to hear their discussing purchasing bundles from the Walmart site a lot of those bundles look tempting but are almost impossible to get for those outside the US (which unfortunately includes me )

Explorer
Feb 24, 2015
High Five Ghost on Jul 23, 2016 wrote:
The thing is that the bundle cards need to sit in stores until the hype dies off, and then fewer people want to buy them when they're available online for international customers.

But seriously, I feel for KI on this one. I'm sure they have to offer the cards for customers who don't have credit cards or can't make online purchases. The cards make it possible for those customers to buy bundles. So good for them doing their best to include as many people as possible.

But because they need to offer the cards, there's probably some sort of agreement with either the card manufacturer or perhaps the vendors stocking the cards that they have exclusive distributorship of the cards for a pre-determined period of time before KI is allowed to offer the bundles online on their site. Putting the bundles online immediately would more than likely cut into the "brick and mortar" stores' card sales. They don't want to sit on a bunch of dead inventory, so they need some incentive to drive sales of the cards.

I could be completely wrong about this, but having a bit of an idea of how business works, that's what I suspect. I truly believe KI would absolutely love to be able to offer this product to all of us immediately, but when you have distribution partnerships with other companies, sometimes you don't get to choose your own direction.

I'm sure there are confidentiality agreements that prohibit KI from publicly revealing the terms of any such agreements, which is why they won't get too in depth when responding to questions about bundle cards.

But KI wants to generate sales as much as anybody else does, so you can be certain that if they could, they would put the bundles online immediately. We as international customers are not an afterthought to KI, not in the least. They just have responsibilities that get in the way sometimes.
While I understand what you are saying, I think that Kingsisle would most likely make more money if they had their own website to sell the bundles. This is on top of the physical sales in brick and mortar stores of course. I honestly don't believe those sales (brick and mortar) would decrease very much, if at all, because those people who have access to them would most likely still go there to get them.

Overall, I feel like their sales would increase a fair bit because people with access to a credit or have a paypal account, in countries outside the U.S. would now have access to the newest bundles, instead of the older out of date bundles non-americans can purchase on the site now.

This is what I was referring to as an afterthought. Those of us outside the U.S. have no way of purchasing the newly released bundles. Instead we have to wait months or even years to finally be able to buy them. As someone on the outside looking in I see it as unfair and would greatly appreciate the thrill of discovering new things just like my fellow american players. Finding out about them on youtube is not the same thing. This is where I am coming from in my first post.

All I am asking for is fair treatment.