Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Calling All Myth Wizards: I Need Your Wisdom.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2015
Hello all.

I've been playing this game for about a year now, and on my journey I have fallen in love with Wizard101! My first playthrough of the game I was a humble Death School Student, then Ice, and I was half way through Life when I was contacted by two of my good friends who are now wanting to do a full run through of the game as a troublesome trio!

I did a lot of research on all the schools and now have a new obsession over Myth. I've never really looked at it closely before but after diving into the lore I see that the Myth school is by far the most intriguing and captivating of all the other schools (besides death) in my opinion.

I wanted to have a chat with all the active Myth wizards in-game. I'm interested in hearing about strategy, gear, second schools, preferable spells, tips and tricks. Tell me everything!

Thank You!

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Awesome, that's what I think when I read this.

I am playing on a Myth wizard at level sixty, The Challenges that a Myth wizard has to face is reasonably difficult, especially when you fight you're first Ninja Pigs in Mooshu,

There are not a lot of enemies that are Myth either, that means you can rarely find a Myth boss. However, that doesn't mean that there is no challenge.

Myth wizards do not get any healing spell other than Pixie that you get at the beginning of the game, Unless you count the small chance that a minion will cast Sprite.

I also suggest that you do not use the the Minotaur Minion spell, The enraged Minotaur that you summon seems to be very greedy would I say? He does a lot of taunts but he mostly casts the Tower Shield and Sprite spells on himself a lot.

So instead of Minotaur, I suggest you use the Cyclops Minion spell with Four pips to get the Cyclops Warrior Minion. I think he has the same amount of health and is not as greedy as the Minotaur Minion.

Honestly I can't remember much about my older experiences in playing Wizard101 so I will end it here.

If you choose Myth, I must say Welcome To The Myth School Sarah NightBlossom!

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
I'm currently a Myth wizard doing level 70 pvp. If you do decide to do Myth, once you get to Mooshu you can farm the boss Koto in the Cave of Solitude for your Ninja Pigs spell, but I suggest also crafting Keeper of the Flame once you get to Zafaria.
My gear is as follows:
Knave's Hat and Robe from the Meowiarty Archmage Duels.
Cold Fury Kickers from the Road Warriors hoard pack, Level 70.
Shard Warriors Hammer.
I have a Life Mastery amulet and life trained up to Satyr.
Bears Claw of Myth as my Athame.
Peridot Ring of Battle.
and my pet is a Resolute Bloodbat.
with this gear set, you can get 61% critical easily.
Anyways, Welcome to Myth, my young Padawan.
~Artur RainbowHeart

Survivor
Jan 19, 2015
Myth is such an underrated school. For a long while, I swore I would never make a myth character, but then I did, and have loved every second of it!

I'm currently level 75, in Avalon, and I haven't used a single minion xD Not to say minions are bad, but its just not my preferred playstyle, and I've done fine without them. They kind of lose effectiveness after Dragonspyre anyway, unless you start making them the centerpiece of your battle strategy.

I trained Life up to Satyr first, and am using a life mastery amulet, to make up for the lack of healing. Then after learning Medusa, I trained Death up to Feint. There's really no need for it before then, unless you're lucky enough to train Ninja Pigs. If you don't want to farm for it (I didn't), carry some ninja pig TCs in your side deck for myth bosses, up until learning Medusa. Apart from that, spell wise... just learn to love your frog

As for gear... I used Zeus gear from level 30 all the way up to 56, when I got Wintertusk gear. It got tough near the end, but luckily in the upper worlds, ice boosts myth, so that makes Wintertusk a bit more manageable with bad gear xD Currently I'm wearing the Wintertusk hat, Waterworks robe, and Poseidon's boots.

And that's all I can think of for now xD welcome to Myth!

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Oh Yes, One more thing I might add,

If you choose to farm for the Ninja Pig spell and get it, I suggest you cast the Ninja Pigs spell in a duel instead of the Minotaur because of the amount of damage it does, unless the enemy has a bunch of shields protecting itself.