Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Belloq Tips?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 07, 2012
Hi,

The quest I have right now is to defeat Belloq, and I'm a life wizard. I've already been defeated two times and I know using minions won't help me. Every time I try to put a blade on myself he uses Ra on me. And he also has that rhino dude with him. Who should I try to defeat first? Belloq or the rhino? I've heard that you should try to defeat Belloq with friends, but usually my friends aren't on. Even if I do a star spell, he still casts a Ra. Every time I try to attack him I get my health down too low before I can try to heal myself. By the time I get less than 1000 health, I'm trying to defeat him and then he throws out a Ra right as I try a healing spell. There, I'm defeated before I can heal myself. What should I do?

--Fiona

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
He has to take damage every round or he will use Ra. See Belloq or this old post that asks the same question.

Bottom line is this. You need another person with you, unless you are some sort of crazy person. One of you pack a bunch of low pip spells to spam Belloq with and the other one fight like normal and get a big hit. That will prevent the Ras. I strongly recommend having a friend help, or at the very least use team up. Good luck!

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Belloq cheats - you have to hit him every round or he uses Ra.
if you are doing solo, get some Dot tc (link, fire elf, etc) and use wand hits while building for a kill shot.
I like to solo the game so with cheating bosses I always look them up on wizard101 central wiki; you can find an answer to pretty much everything in game on their site.
Hope this helps

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Hi there!

Belloq is a tricky solo, but it can be done. The Ra that Belloq keeps using is a cheat - it will trigger each round that you don't hit him.

The best strategy I've found is to pick up some Fire Elf TCs from the bazaar. Play one the very first round and Belloq will not cast his Ra for 3 rounds (Fire Elf has 3 damage ticks, so you're technically hitting him 3 times on 3 separate rounds). That gives you 3 rounds to blade up and trap (just make sure you're not using universal traps like curse, hex, or feint ... the Fire Elf will use them up.) When the third Fire Elf tick goes off, cast another Fire Elf to buy yourself 3 more rounds.

I like to use an AOE to take them both out at the same time, but if you were going to target one enemy at a time, I would take out his minion first. With the minion out of the way, you can focus your efforts on Belloq.

Team-Up! is also another option if you're still having trouble.

Best of luck!

~Vanessa Mythdust

Explorer
May 25, 2011
You must attack Belloq every round,otherwise he will hit you with massive damage. Spamming is the only way to go. Try getting a friend or teaming up. You might want a might with may cast heals so you don't worry about your health.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Hi Fiona,

To fight Belloq, you need someone else to go in with you. If Team Up does not work when you try it, then log on at
a more "common" time of day. After dinner is usually a good time to find people to help. You HAVE TO HIT Belloq every turn, wand strikes ARE included. If you are stunned or if you fizzle, you will get burned with his Ra as you have found out the hard way. You should absolutely kill the rhino first if you can because he will remove any DoT spells you have cast on Belloq, (poison, deer knight, fire elf, frostbite, etc).

Ideally you go in there with at least one other person. Whichever wizard has the highest accuracy should be the one to hit each round, but if you are the lower level wizard, you can be the hitter for Belloq while your higher level friend blades up to kill both the rhino and Belloq.

It is a great idea to make a special deck just for Belloq. Again, only if you have someone else to help you, create a deck with no blades or traps, just one or two pip spells from your school or any one pip spell (life is great for accuracy). Fill all the treasure cards of that deck with one and two pip spells, then BE SURE you have a wand equipped with at least 5 or more cards. You should have a wand attack, spell card or treasure card to attack each turn. If the friend helping you can put a stun block on you, this is extra insurance.

Good luck, may Belloq be flushed down the spiral toilet....

Autumn Wild Heart 110

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Fiona if you need help with Belloq and cannot find anyone, let me know. I am usually on the game weeknights
9PM-12AM EST. USA.

Thanks,

Autumn Wild Heart 110
Morgan Death Rider 93

Defender
Dec 07, 2012
Update: I defeated the boss with the help of a 110 Ice Wizard. Gosh, my luck.

--Fiona

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The trick to beating Belloq is that he must take some damage on every single round. This is hard to do alone unless you have spells that do damage over time.

Since you're trying to solo, I suggest you train in Fire up to Fire Elf or else go buy a bunch of Fire Elf treasure cards. Casting Fire Elves will cost you two pips, but will earn you three 'free' rounds to blade, charge pips and heal. Another way to get some help is buying several Death x-pip minion (Animate) treasure cards. If you cast Animate at pip levels 4-6, you'll get a Death minion that is quite helpful. The 4-6-pip ones especially like to cast Fire Elf over and over. You can get free Animate treasure cards from Deadly Fly Traps and White Desparagus if you're into gardening.

In general, when soloing you should ALWAYS take out the weaker foe first, that way you're taking less damage. (There are times when that's not the best plan, however, but this is not one. Belloq is predictably evil but the rhino can stun you.) Get a Fire Elf on Belloq right away, then prep a hit on the the rhino. Take the rhino out as fast as you can.

All the while, keep using those Fire Elf spells (and the 4-6 pip Animate Death minion if you can) to keep Belloq busy. As long as he takes some damage every single round you'll be free of the Ra. While the Elves are burning, you charge up for a bigger hit on Belloq.

If all else fails, use the Team Up and hopefully someone else who needs help will go in with you. One of you can spam low-level hits while the other prepares a killer blow.

Good luck!
Alia Misthaven