Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some Crafting Tips for Me :)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2013
Hey everyone! This is my first time posting... so yeah. Anyways, I used to play Wizard101 a lot before Pirate101 came out. But, I have a level 52 Storm and a level 31 Death. I really want to start crafting. So could you guys please give me some tips on it? (Btw I never crafted before except for the dagger that the lady in Olde Town makes me craft). Thank you all in advance

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Here is a link to a nice guide up to Master Artisan I think you will have the general idea by that point. Good luck you can craft fun housing items, and good gear!

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Crafting rocks!! Yes here are some tips:
ALWAYS pick up stone block when you see it. You cannot transmute it.
ALWAYS pick up sandstone when you see it.
ALWAYS do silver chests when you see them. You will get reagents you need and also turquoise and sun stone
in the higher level worlds.

Follow your crafting quests in order. Do your Krok quest and keep going. If you need to teleport to a world that
you do not have a spiral key for, that is ok. Tell people in the commons you need a ride to X place FOR a CRAFTING QUEST. Most,if not all, people will be happy to help you out, myself included. Crafting is a lot of fun and pretty much any reagent can be purchased in the bazaar if need be. (Except for Amber.. I have never been able to buy Amber in the bazaar). However, you will have all of the amber you will ever need if you plant King Parsley seeds. I have only 12 growing at once and have a nice supply of amber... and sun stones!!

If the recipe you are using shows you something you do not recognize just google it and the W101 Central page will usually tell you what the ingredient is/where to find it.

Good luck and let me know if you want to meet up sometime in the spiral.
I love to help with crafting.

Autumn Wild Heart 110 Crafter of Everything

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Adding to the already excellent advice....

Always pick up any reagent, anywhere you see it. You never know when you're going to need it.

Keep most treasure cards you win from battles, just in case. Many recipes require them.

Gardening really helps!

Pink Dandelion seeds drop from the manders in Krokotopia. Keep fighting until you collect at least 7 (or more!) of them and start growing them. Many of the reagents you'll need to complete the crafting quests in Marleybone, Mooshu and Dragonspyre are dropped by the Pink Dandelions. At elder harvest, the Pink Dandelions will self seed - you'll never run out of them.

Next, buy 2-3 Fickle Pickle seeds from Charley in Golem Court and start growing them. They'll self-seed like crazy as well, and before you know it you'll be overrun by Fickle Pickles. That's okay, because they drop sunstone, fossil, aether and a couple of other extremely rare reagents.

King Parsely and Evil Magma Peas are incredible gifts to crafters as well. They are crowns plants that can also be won as drops but, unlike Pink Dandelions, they only drop from a few bosses in the higher level areas. On the plus side, they supply us with mega pet snacks and fantastic, rare reagents. If you're lucky enough to win one, plant it ASAP! They will self-seed at elder harvest so can keep replanting them. If you're rich enough to buy several, even better.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
Another piece of advice is when you are buying reagents in the bazaar focus on what you need even if you see something you might consider a good deal.

lv110

Survivor
Aug 15, 2013
Thanks guys! This has been helping me out!