Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A few ideas.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
Hi, I've recently started playing this game with my family, its My wife, my 2 daughters and myself.
I come from a very heavy World of Warcraft player to this game here. Why are things in this game so complicated?

Please Add a quest log, so when we get off track we can pick up where we left off. My wife somehow didnt pick up a storyline quest and she doesn't remember where she was and I've been walking around for hours now trying to find the storyline quest. Also if you can Make storyline quest ! one color and sidequest ! another, that would be a great help too.

Please add an option to DROP quest. My book has like 45 quest I've no interest in doing. Why cant we drop a quest if we no longer want to do it. I got a quest, that at this point offers me 5 Experience when completed. Not wasting my time with that.

Lets talk about this fizzle. It says on a card 70%. is that the fizzle rate? My daughter fizzles as many as 5 times in a row? with the 10% buff to acc. is that 10% total or 10% to 70% in which case its 77% this game is incredibly vague, and the Wiki is made by children, it offers little information on these things. I dont know whos doing the percentages on these fizzle rates but its a bit discouraging to fizzle that many times in a row.

Then of course we jump to the Wildly unbalanced fighting.
If I enter a fight, and im fighting 2 creatures, shouldn't I have a better chance of going first? Im over here in Celestia right now, and im getting destroyed, not having a tough time, no Im getting killed every single time. This game has 0 balance at all. Not everyone should have to team up to win, not while questing. Not everyone likes to do this. I like to solo, and for whatever reason the Gods over there at KI really need to start paying attention to the players of this game a little more I feel.

Lets talk about fairness. We the players know this game is regulated. There are things we cant do because its deemed cheating. I get it. everyone plays fair. Only When the Loremaster fight came up, we took down a font 3 times only for the font of life to heal an empty space and bring it back to life. what gives? you have Mobs casting spells I know take 6 pips when they only have 2 pips.

When you're in a battle, there is a lot going on. you got cards to look at, health to pay attention to and many other things. sometimes you look away for a second and miss something like a trap on an enemy. how about something that tells us at all time what traps are current on mobs, like maybe a Battle log so if we miss something we can refer to it. this stuff is all basic in every game except this one. why?

my family and I have spent over $160 in crowns alone to try to get ahead as well, instead I've gotten the same exact stuff almost 20 times, how about a system that balances that out, ok he's got these boots, move on to the next. No cards, obviously thats what we wanted and tons of junk for the dorm room / castle.

Please Make some effort to allow change in this game.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Please do keep in mind that while both games are MMORPGs that Wizard101 is not World of Warcraft so there will be differences. That being the case, I do like some of your suggestions.

We already have a quest log via our Spellbook that tells you what quests you are currently working on. However, if there was an icon or different color to tell you what the main questline was that would definitely be great!

Drop Quest has also been requested, and I think that would be nice too. In the mean time I try and decline any other side quests unless I really want them (ie TP Quests)

The fizzle is an issue for early level , it does get better as you get better gear. Grandmaster with jewels and things can have well over 100% accuracy. I think that it is a combination incorrect calculation,they want to emphasize that fizzles a lot & people notice -'s more than +'s.

I agree that the wiki is hard to navigate and they really could fix some things up, however they are all volunteers and probably kids as you mentioned. So I appreciate what they have done as I'm not going to go revamp the thing myself. You might can see if you can get on the staff if you'd like.

Not everything is intended to be soloed either. I had no problems in CL by myself and when I did, I didn't see a problem with having a friend help? You have your level 48 spell right? Loremaster is entirely optional. Also there is no 6 pip heal just the Dryad X pip which would work with 2 pips and see post about "heal issue" too.

Battle log is an interesting idea. The traps, and blades and things float around the monsters/characters though so you can look at that.

Don't buy the card packs they are a complete rip off that is definitely not how you "get ahead". Because yeah all you get is gear you never use or the same housing item over and over instead of the one you want.

To help with your wife getting on track: they always say email support. Alternatively look at the appropriate quest tree or use the Quest Finder.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
I'm going to number each paragraph and respond

1. There is a quest log press Q

2. This will almost never get added I've tried to suggest this too

3. yes the 70% on the card is the chance that you will successfully cast a spell and no the central wiki is not made by children

4. The fighting is fair and you should be used to getting double teamed if your in celestia everyone including kids can battle their way the most

5. The lore master fight is meant to be a challenge and you just got unlucky i don't see the problem here

6. its your job to manage that if little kids can do it i assume you can. we all make mistakes in battles

7. I'm confused on this one

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
"Lets talk about this fizzle. It says on a card 70%. is that the fizzle rate? My daughter fizzles as many as 5 times in a row? with the 10% buff to acc. is that 10% total or 10% to 70% in which case its 77% this game is incredibly vague, and the Wiki is made by children, it offers little information on these things. I dont know whos doing the percentages on these fizzle rates but its a bit discouraging to fizzle that many times in a row." -Newdals

70% is the success rate (I.E. chance of not fizzling). Each school has a different fizzle rate, for example, Life has a 10% chance of fizzling (a 90% chance of not fizzling). The cards always record the chance of not fizzling. Storm has a higher fizzle rate and lower health because it gets really powerful attacks.

"Then of course we jump to the Wildly unbalanced fighting.
If I enter a fight, and im fighting 2 creatures, shouldn't I have a better chance of going first? Im over here in Celestia right now, and im getting destroyed, not having a tough time, no Im getting killed every single time. This game has 0 balance at all. Not everyone should have to team up to win, not while questing. Not everyone likes to do this. I like to solo, and for whatever reason the Gods over there at KI really need to start paying attention to the players of this game a little more I feel." -Newdals
I agree completely. KI should pay more attention to the players, but at the same time consider everything they already have to do. In the meantime, here's some advice: complete Grizzleheim and Wintertusk. I was getting completely annihilated in Celestia until I finished Grizzleheim and Wintertusk. A game shouldn't require you to do side worlds to beat it, as that is bad design, but that is the best option.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
"Lets talk about fairness. We the players know this game is regulated. There are things we cant do because its deemed cheating. I get it. everyone plays fair. Only When the Loremaster fight came up, we took down a font 3 times only for the font of life to heal an empty space and bring it back to life. what gives? you have Mobs casting spells I know take 6 pips when they only have 2 pips." -Newdals

Bosses and sometimes minions cheating is part of the game, especially after the second arc begins (and some in Wintertusk). It sucks, but KI couldn't think of anything else, I guess.

"When you're in a battle, there is a lot going on. you got cards to look at, health to pay attention to and many other things. sometimes you look away for a second and miss something like a trap on an enemy. how about something that tells us at all time what traps are current on mobs, like maybe a Battle log so if we miss something we can refer to it. this stuff is all basic in every game except this one. why?" -Newdals
I agree. This would be very useful.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Newdals on Jul 5, 2016 wrote:
Hi, I've recently started playing this game with my family, its My wife, my 2 daughters and myself.
I come from a very heavy World of Warcraft player to this game here. Why are things in this game so complicated?

Please Add a quest log, so when we get off track we can pick up where we left off. My wife somehow didnt pick up a storyline quest and she doesn't remember where she was and I've been walking around for hours now trying to find the storyline quest. Also if you can Make storyline quest ! one color and sidequest ! another, that would be a great help too.

Please add an option to DROP quest. My book has like 45 quest I've no interest in doing. Why cant we drop a quest if we no longer want to do it. I got a quest, that at this point offers me 5 Experience when completed. Not wasting my time with that.

Lets talk about this fizzle. It says on a card 70%. is that the fizzle rate? My daughter fizzles as many as 5 times in a row? with the 10% buff to acc. is that 10% total or 10% to 70% in which case its 77% this game is incredibly vague, and the Wiki is made by children, it offers little information on these things. I dont know whos doing the percentages on these fizzle rates but its a bit discouraging to fizzle that many times in a row.

Then of course we jump to the Wildly unbalanced fighting.
If I enter a fight, and im fighting 2 creatures, shouldn't I have a better chance of going first? Im over here in Celestia right now, and im getting destroyed, not having a tough time, no Im getting killed every single time. This game has 0 balance at all. Not everyone should have to team up to win, not while questing. Not everyone likes to do this. I like to solo, and for whatever reason the Gods over there at KI really need to start paying attention to the players of this game a little more I feel.

Lets talk about fairness. We the players know this game is regulated. There are things we cant do because its deemed cheating. I get it. everyone plays fair. Only When the Loremaster fight came up, we took down a font 3 times only for the font of life to heal an empty space and bring it back to life. what gives? you have Mobs casting spells I know take 6 pips when they only have 2 pips.

When you're in a battle, there is a lot going on. you got cards to look at, health to pay attention to and many other things. sometimes you look away for a second and miss something like a trap on an enemy. how about something that tells us at all time what traps are current on mobs, like maybe a Battle log so if we miss something we can refer to it. this stuff is all basic in every game except this one. why?

my family and I have spent over $160 in crowns alone to try to get ahead as well, instead I've gotten the same exact stuff almost 20 times, how about a system that balances that out, ok he's got these boots, move on to the next. No cards, obviously thats what we wanted and tons of junk for the dorm room / castle.

Please Make some effort to allow change in this game.
I'd Love to be able to drop side quests!

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
I'm glad to hear others share my view.

I'd like to clarify what i mean by a quest log. What I mean is a Log that tells you what quest have been completed to this point. My wife turned in a quest and then ported home, and did not take the next quest in the quest line, she has no idea who or where to go to get back into the story line. A quest completed log would allow us to google the last quest she did, so we can see who we turned in that quest to and see the name of the next quest in the storyline, which would in turn tell us where we need to go to pick the storyline quest back up.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
exp613 on Jul 5, 2016 wrote:
Please do keep in mind that while both games are MMORPGs that Wizard101 is not World of Warcraft so there will be differences. That being the case, I do like some of your suggestions.

We already have a quest log via our Spellbook that tells you what quests you are currently working on. However, if there was an icon or different color to tell you what the main questline was that would definitely be great!

Drop Quest has also been requested, and I think that would be nice too. In the mean time I try and decline any other side quests unless I really want them (ie TP Quests)

The fizzle is an issue for early level , it does get better as you get better gear. Grandmaster with jewels and things can have well over 100% accuracy. I think that it is a combination incorrect calculation,they want to emphasize that fizzles a lot & people notice -'s more than +'s.

I agree that the wiki is hard to navigate and they really could fix some things up, however they are all volunteers and probably kids as you mentioned. So I appreciate what they have done as I'm not going to go revamp the thing myself. You might can see if you can get on the staff if you'd like.

Not everything is intended to be soloed either. I had no problems in CL by myself and when I did, I didn't see a problem with having a friend help? You have your level 48 spell right? Loremaster is entirely optional. Also there is no 6 pip heal just the Dryad X pip which would work with 2 pips and see post about "heal issue" too.

Battle log is an interesting idea. The traps, and blades and things float around the monsters/characters though so you can look at that.

Don't buy the card packs they are a complete rip off that is definitely not how you "get ahead". Because yeah all you get is gear you never use or the same housing item over and over instead of the one you want.

To help with your wife getting on track: they always say email support. Alternatively look at the appropriate quest tree or use the Quest Finder.
Hi Newdals,

In the meantime you can use Wizard101Central's QUEST TREES to help you find the quest. Or Alternatively you can email support to help your wife in the mean time. I have included links to both of these resources for you to use. You will have to click on the appropriate World and go from there. The Quest Finder feature may also help if she is in the right world/area. (I did in my original post too, but sometimes it's hard to spot the hyperlink I know.) Support is really good to help you track down lost quest lines. Again, Good luck!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Newdals on Jul 6, 2016 wrote:
I'm glad to hear others share my view.

I'd like to clarify what i mean by a quest log. What I mean is a Log that tells you what quest have been completed to this point. My wife turned in a quest and then ported home, and did not take the next quest in the quest line, she has no idea who or where to go to get back into the story line. A quest completed log would allow us to google the last quest she did, so we can see who we turned in that quest to and see the name of the next quest in the storyline, which would in turn tell us where we need to go to pick the storyline quest back up.
There's an arrow at the bottom of the screen.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Fable Finder on Jul 7, 2016 wrote:
Sorry, but LOL that was great Fable Finder.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
Fable Finder on Jul 7, 2016 wrote:
I can only assume(and pray) that you didn't read anything I wrote. The issue isn't I cant find my way to a quest, the issue is There is NO WAY TO KNOW WHERE TO PICK UP THE STORYLINE QUEST IF YOU'VE GONE ASTRAY. Furthermore I'm Rather Concerned why a professor hasn't addressed any or all of these issues

Survivor
Jul 31, 2015
Hello my fellow wizard friends . I'm pretty new to this forum page and i just came to say i have a prodigious storm wiz and a legendary ice.Well i think its pretty unfair that i can't use my ivanenko tiger spell card.Yes its too op for low level pvp but i think it should have a level restriction instead,i think mid master wizards from 45 and up should be able to use the spell to be honest.tell me what you guys think

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Newdals on Jul 10, 2016 wrote:
I can only assume(and pray) that you didn't read anything I wrote. The issue isn't I cant find my way to a quest, the issue is There is NO WAY TO KNOW WHERE TO PICK UP THE STORYLINE QUEST IF YOU'VE GONE ASTRAY. Furthermore I'm Rather Concerned why a professor hasn't addressed any or all of these issues
I think it would be cool to have the quest log so you could go back and read the dialog from the old quests. Perhaps the professors feel that your question has been sufficiently answered by the other players, they do not wish to comment, or are too busy reading other things. Did you use either of the resources that I suggested? I still feel utilizing those resources will be able to help you in the mean time!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
first of all, welcome to the spiral; if you're used to games like world of warcraft, the way things work here will take some getting used to.

#1~ to view active quests, press q; you cannot decline a main storyline quest, as the dialogue box only allows us to accept. but kingsisle has stated that they will not allow us to drop quests (and with good reason); the help desk would be inundated with tickets like, "my child/sibling/s.o. deleted my quest, please give it back".

#2~ depending on your school, some have higher accuracy (chance to cast successfully) than others. base accuracy is as follows:

70%
75%
80%
85%
90%

as you can see, the fizzle chance of each school corresponds directly to its base damage. storm, having the highest base damage, has the lowest accuracy and life, with the highest accuracy, has the lowest base damage. that said, all stats can be improved (through gear, pet talents, etc.) as you level up your character.

also, the wiki is not made by children.

#3~ who goes first in each fight is random, and multiple enemies are par for the course in all worlds after colossus blvd. but you can totally beat them solo~ i've been on my own almost since day one, and still have almost 4 wizards at max. most often, people who struggle do so because of deck setup, and i'd be more than happy to assist if you need help.

#4~ some bosses (ie: loremaster) cheat; thankfully, most of them are optional and not part of the main quest line, but i agree that they shouldn't be part of the main arc at all.

#5~ while we don't need a battle log, it would be great if pet/item/other enhanced traps or blades were colour-coded (since i often forget which blades i have on).

#6~ all drops/pack loot/etc. is totally random. you aren't guaranteed to get any specific item. also, most pack gear etc. is useless past level 50 anyway. you're much better off with crafted or elite dropped gear at level 60+.

hope that helps,

-von
prodigious (soon to be ) and fellow adult wizard

Survivor
Jun 28, 2011
Newdals on Jul 10, 2016 wrote:
If you remember the previous quest you've done, you can always go to the Wizard101central wiki and look up that quest, then it will tell you the next quest.