Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Graphics Update

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 27, 2012
So Wizard101 has seen pretty much the same graphics its entire lifetime. Now, I may be wrong about this as I've never played Pirate101 but I came across a video on in today and it caught my eye so I watched it and in just those 20 minutes or so it seemed like the graphics were noticeably better. If Wiz got an update on all its graphics so it showed a cleaner, less choppy picture then the game would look much more interesting and appealing to everyone and that alone can make a huge impact on how new players and old ones perceive the game as a whole.
I think KI would do well to take the time and update the picture of Wizard101.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The graphics have improved over time in the newer worlds and with new spells. Redoing the graphics for the low level worlds makes no sense really. The game is geared towards families and many kids don't have extreme graphics cards to handle high end graphics. People already complain about troubles in upper worlds with lag and such because of the graphics improvements there.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
I "LOVE" the old Wizard101 graphics that they used in Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, Mooshu and Dragonspyre.

I have been playing Wizard101 for a long time and I do miss the old Wizard101 graphics, even though they kept them for the first worlds I still miss the old graphics because they have changed since than.

If you look closely, the graphics also look a lot more realistic in those worlds.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
my only thing with wizardcity are the roads.... instead of one flush curve at a turn, it's 3 angles.... the bridges, are the same thing, stairs, instead of showing each step, it's just a giant plane with stripes that show staires.....im not wanting a massive 3D CGI overblown massive graphic update... just make it smoother... and not flat/angled, where it's suppose to curve