Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Match making system

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
I've been playing wiz for around 10 years and i recently have been taking on pvp. I have recently hit 1,100 rating on my initiate ice but now i dont face anyone under lvl 30. no initiate should be facing any magus wizard because they have better cards in their main deck they can socket jewels and they have Zeus gear. I would rather wait for another opponent in my skill range than pvp a magus because you immediately have to play defensive and its not just game of who plays their cards right its a matter of level.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
joeykaz15 on May 27, 2020 wrote:
I've been playing wiz for around 10 years and i recently have been taking on pvp. I have recently hit 1,100 rating on my initiate ice but now i dont face anyone under lvl 30. no initiate should be facing any magus wizard because they have better cards in their main deck they can socket jewels and they have Zeus gear. I would rather wait for another opponent in my skill range than pvp a magus because you immediately have to play defensive and its not just game of who plays their cards right its a matter of level.
The fundamental issue of the match making bracket, is not being able to always find a match within your level and rank equivalency. This is one of the reason why most other mmo always put a level cap before u can even do rank. Level stalling has always been discourage, and i understand many would have disapproval with this concept. Wiz, in its 10 years of running, is the only game I've played where anyone can rank pvp at whatsoever level they choose.

The match making system isn't perfect. Giving the scenario, I feel one of the major changes that should be applied is changing the ranks of lets say per every 10-20 levels, where some ranks are restricted to that level. Newer ranks should be implemented at level difference. In other words a level 50 shouldn't hold the same title as a level 100. This relatively make it more easier for the system to match base on level difference than rank. Also pvp gears shouldn't be base on rank but level. This would essentially equalize the situation for newer and old players alike that the gears would not make much of a difference,so that pvp would come down to deck build skills.