Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragoon Alchemy Reagent Requirements

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
As i was doing some runs in the catacombs, I was told to check out the crafting recipes and requirements to craft vanguard and dragoon gears. I must say at first i thought it was gonna be one of those couple hours a day grind kind of deal, boy was i wrong. Even during the double reagents benefit i realize for one to craft all 7 pieces of gears would take endless days even weeks of tedious farming. I think this is a bit out outrageous and uncalled for especially for the kids who are playing this game also. Like i get that your trying to give us something to do because your trying to keep us distracted from not getting a new arc and what not i get it, but this is a bit way over the top.

I know some people would probably see this as over exaggerating and they feel as if they can do it anyone can do it, well i have news for you. Not everyone has the time or membership to put through time schedule just to give a little support and playing time for wiz. I feel like every other reagent is well balance per say but alchemy extract is way too much over the top. 300 a piece for each gear is alot multiply that by 7 thats 2100 alchemy reagents your asking for.
Then you introduced a key boss with horrible drop rate for some and other gets lucky off a few runs and get what they want. If things are gonna be this way in the future, i suggest returning drops the way dark moor and most other previous dungeon drop loot setups are because who ever thought this was a good idea is probably living in their basement with nothing better to do and that's not to offend anyone but you gotta remember your dealing with different age groups between 8+ to as much as 60 so plz for the sake of goodness reduce the Alchemy extract requirements to 100 instead of 300.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
While I totally agree that the amount of reagents needed is ridiculous, it's also ~fairly~ reasonable. Here's why.

First, IMO nobody should be getting all 7 pieces of Dragoon gear. Seriously. Lots of the gear is just poor in comparison to other options available. In all honesty, the only pieces you should be getting are the hat and boots, and MAYBE the ring if you're going for an offensive setup. That's it - 2 or 3 pieces. Much more manageable in terms of reagents.

Second, with double reagents it's actually pretty quick farming for the reagents. Just this last weekend, by only doing maybe 2-3 hours of farming a day, I managed to craft a piece of Vanguard gear and 3 pieces of Dragoon gear. Now how I was able to do that, you ask? It's because you farm the places with the best drop rates for reagents. Farming people like The Devourer and Fellspawn wont get you anywhere. In reality, you should be farming King Detrius or Whispering Sepulcher. In either of those instances (where the drop rates for reagents are pretty good - and Detrius drops Vanguard hats which is a bonus), you can get enough reagents for Dragoon's gear in ~an hour, give or take. You can find teams for those consistently, and everyone's usually trying to be as time efficient as possible, making the runs faster.

Granted, like you said, I think 300 extract is a lot (ESPECIALLY without a membership - I have been a crowns player up until quarantine, so I understand the grind), there's no denying that. But if you figure out the most efficient way to farm, it's actually not too bad.

130 130 91 72 54 48 10

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
bewareofmagic on May 26, 2020 wrote:
While I totally agree that the amount of reagents needed is ridiculous, it's also ~fairly~ reasonable. Here's why.

First, IMO nobody should be getting all 7 pieces of Dragoon gear. Seriously. Lots of the gear is just poor in comparison to other options available. In all honesty, the only pieces you should be getting are the hat and boots, and MAYBE the ring if you're going for an offensive setup. That's it - 2 or 3 pieces. Much more manageable in terms of reagents.

Second, with double reagents it's actually pretty quick farming for the reagents. Just this last weekend, by only doing maybe 2-3 hours of farming a day, I managed to craft a piece of Vanguard gear and 3 pieces of Dragoon gear. Now how I was able to do that, you ask? It's because you farm the places with the best drop rates for reagents. Farming people like The Devourer and Fellspawn wont get you anywhere. In reality, you should be farming King Detrius or Whispering Sepulcher. In either of those instances (where the drop rates for reagents are pretty good - and Detrius drops Vanguard hats which is a bonus), you can get enough reagents for Dragoon's gear in ~an hour, give or take. You can find teams for those consistently, and everyone's usually trying to be as time efficient as possible, making the runs faster.

Granted, like you said, I think 300 extract is a lot (ESPECIALLY without a membership - I have been a crowns player up until quarantine, so I understand the grind), there's no denying that. But if you figure out the most efficient way to farm, it's actually not too bad.

130 130 91 72 54 48 10
Yes, am well aware of the farming methods as I've already crafted 4 pieces of gears. There is a lot of collectors within this game and its not always about the gears stats per say, that could easily been solved if the developers wasn't so lazy to introduced Better difference stats to gears bonus, that could of balance out each class than to just basically shove whatever first came to mind. So no offence devs but the current stats bonus is just lazy work. Equipping all 7 piece and looking at each school, should have help them figure out the necessary gaps that where left out in order to make them better than darkmoor set. It still baffles me as to why we are force to mix gears within gear sets but yet they want us to craft all 7 pieces. So yes, if that is the case then the requirement to crafting should be lowered extract to 100 and salts to 25 and keep crystals the same.

My main point for saying this, on Saturday, I did a few runs which ended up costing me the boots, because no one told me i could of crafted the dragoon gears using any vanguard pieces when i already trashed it xD my luck huh?
Then i had to grind and farm, thank the wiz gods for double reagents at the time. I manage to craft the vanguard boots into the dragoon boots only to then realize how much reagents i just waste using when i got the boots on the first run of Fellspawn. So you could automatically tell i went from tilt to rage mode immediately thinking wait if that is the case then yes it should be reduced. So for now ill take my chances with fell spawn and farm the rest.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2009
I am in my 40's and my son is into gaming. I can't play his games because I get sick with the too many moving parts. This is the only game that I can handle to play with my son. I will be honest....I don't usually play games but this allows me to connect with my son on a level he loves.

I am not good at fishing and don't understand it. I did finally figure out the crafting but I don't have hours to "farm" the things needed to craft these things. I don't even farm with the plants well at all.

It is very frustrating when other players get out of dungeons because they say my gear is crap and my numbers suck. I have tried buying items outright or buying Hoard and Lore cards. My son is playing this game only because of me so we only play together.

I don't know where all the vendors are at because when I went through the first time I wasn't crafting. I don't know where to find these vendors. It's not helpful when apparently people have names and places memorized for every world. I do not and totally confused as how to get there or where to look or even what world they are in.

I need more help. If it wasn't for them adding the arrows to this game to help guide you like it used to be....yes, I have been on here a long time but stopped until they added the arrows.....I wouldn't have continued to play.

I am a level 130 fire.....wouldn't have been that without my son who is life and lots of very helpful wizards who took the time to help regardless of my stats....but I had been chastised a lot too.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
oldparent on Jul 5, 2020 wrote:
I am in my 40's and my son is into gaming. I can't play his games because I get sick with the too many moving parts. This is the only game that I can handle to play with my son. I will be honest....I don't usually play games but this allows me to connect with my son on a level he loves.

I am not good at fishing and don't understand it. I did finally figure out the crafting but I don't have hours to "farm" the things needed to craft these things. I don't even farm with the plants well at all.

It is very frustrating when other players get out of dungeons because they say my gear is crap and my numbers suck. I have tried buying items outright or buying Hoard and Lore cards. My son is playing this game only because of me so we only play together.

I don't know where all the vendors are at because when I went through the first time I wasn't crafting. I don't know where to find these vendors. It's not helpful when apparently people have names and places memorized for every world. I do not and totally confused as how to get there or where to look or even what world they are in.

I need more help. If it wasn't for them adding the arrows to this game to help guide you like it used to be....yes, I have been on here a long time but stopped until they added the arrows.....I wouldn't have continued to play.

I am a level 130 fire.....wouldn't have been that without my son who is life and lots of very helpful wizards who took the time to help regardless of my stats....but I had been chastised a lot too.
Try this site. You or your son can create an account here FREE.

http://www.wizard101central.com/

Survivor
Mar 22, 2020
lol the last part made me laugh

It's annoying but some tips are to just only farm for hats, boots and rings. The other gear isn't worth it. Also farm Detritus, he is crazy easy and it's really simple to team up in a second because so many people are farming him. I got all the gear in less than a week while doing school because I farmed Detritus, haven't even moved past him.