Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

the problems with the fortified grilled cheese recipe

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 11, 2015
When I first received the pet snack recipe from the pet promenade event, I was hopeful that I was going to get a couple more mega snacks. I tried using the wizard wiki to find where to get fortified bread, and the answer was disappointing. Fortified bread can only be found in the Grizzleheim Lore Pack and be bought from a vendor in Mirage. People can sell it through the bazaar, but it is unlikely that they will. This means that the recipe is completely useless to everyone who doesn't buy the pack or hasn't reached Mirage yet. Instead of making it slightly easier for lower levels with limited resources to raise pets, you have only made it easier for higher levels who already have an advantage with more resources available. It isn't fair that a recipe that is available to everyone over level 10, should only be usable by people who have made it to Mirage, or are willing to spend crowns for it.

The other problem with the recipe, is that it continues to be a reward for the event, even though you can only have one copy of a recipe. Instead of getting the recipe and pet snacks, all you get are pet snacks.

However, there is a simple solution to both problems. Once a person has claimed the recipe on their wizard, the recipe will no longer be a reward for that wizard. Instead the reward for all future events will be 4 fortified cheese and 8 fortified bread. This would be enough for 4 pet snacks each event. This way everyone has the chance to craft mega snacks.

Explorer
Sep 18, 2009
There is also no way to currently obtain fortified cheese. The bread i can deal with, but that fact that there is no way to get the cheese makes this completely useless