Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bugs with the Beastmoon event - Ninja Pig -200

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Quick update that we're aware of the Ninja Pig points concerns and are looking into it. Thanks for the reports!

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
How about you just take out the nija pig all together till you fix it.

Dont you think that is a good fix since apparently its been happening for years now?

Its like Gordan Ramsey says, TAKE IT OFF THE MENU

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
I've experienced most of the bugs reported so far.

The -200 pig blade bug is, during these final hours of Beastmoon, being exploited almost non stop. It's really ruining the fun big time. One or both sides is too often only fighting with a pig in the circle. The pig discards everything but his -200 blade cards, until he has spammed one onto every opponent. Then he and his team mates ROFL and win against a team that cannot fight back or do damage. Whee! Fun, huh?

The heal over times and "Wings" revive spells working on dead players has actually made the game funner and more interesting. It makes healing and revive spells more versatile and also challenges hitters to target dead players at times in case they get revived that turn (in which case they immediately get hit IF they were targeted, otherwise the spell just ends in a "pass turn"). It can prevent the annoying "trollol" effect of healers reviving dead players, who then instantly win games they would have otherwise lost. If a hitter wants to gamble a hit on a "dead" player, and that player then doesn't get revived, the hitter "wasted" his hit, which of course makes many people never bother to target dead players at all. But those hitters who DO take the gamble sometimes save themselves from losing the match, so again I hope it's NOT a "bug" but an actual mechanics change. It adds both depth and strategy!

Waaaay too many "fake" pips on the new map, alright. Sometimes so many that you can try tree or for different wisps, and they're all "fakes." Wastes valuable player time, causing some battles to be lost that woud otherwise have been won due to fruitless, wasted pip-hunting.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2013
Rowantimes6 on May 11, 2020 wrote:
One very interesting thing I have noticed while reading the posts. Look at how long these members have been playing Wizard101. Many are long time players and payers of the game. Then look at how many times they have felt the need to take the time post on the message boards.

Wizard programmers and administration should notice this. This is a group of people that have financially supported this game for many years. This is a group of people that has endured many of the game program glitches and just "rolled with it" and never felt the need to post a problem on many of those bumps in the road.

One interesting aspect of this problem I noticed Sunday night. I was using my young alternative Fire Wizard to try and play Beastmoon. The one I started playing with when my other two wizards were prevented, banned, suspended from play for outrageous amount of days. I was in Unicorn Way chatting with a friend and first I noticed my chat wasn't working. Then I noticed once again the "orange chain of death" But I was not signed in for a Beastmoon match. Surprise Surprise . . the "orange chain of death" only lasted about 15 seconds, then briefly turned yellow, then I was back to normal play. So I now know this is happening in the rest of the game, but so brief I suspect many players don't even look for the disconnect icons in the lower right of the screen. They just are paused in play for a moment and never knew there was a connection problem. It is in Beatsmoon that I get locked up in the "Orange chain of death", and penalized for ever increasing lengths of time. Due to no action of my player in the game, or my end of the connection. I have many screen grabs if the "problem fixers and KI" want to see them. I have submitted several tickets and pretty much got back the notice response that other have received. It implies that it was my problem and then the follow-up message that it has been 24 hours with no reply back so the ticket was closed.

I have no idea where your programming error is. It coincides primarily with the changes for the new Apple upgrade and the Spring Update. Please in the future take more time testing things in the test realm. I remember when the test realm was several weeks or months long, then it took a month or so before it was incorporated into the game. And sometimes there was a second test realm period to be sure all the fixes worked. That doesn't seem to be the way anymore. You are so quick to release a new item that it is not fully tested and then you try to fix "on the fly". Please take your time and make sure it is working correctly before releasing a new program change /update.

KI this is not the way to treat any paying member, especially those that have been playing for many years and seldom found the need to communicate a problem in the past. I sincerely hope the game administrators step up to this issue and find a way to resolve the not quite disconnect issue, remove the stacked "time-outs" from my, and others, assorted wizards, and find an amicable way to compensate all of us for the disruption in play and the emotional angst we have had to endure during an country and global pandemic that already has us almost at the end of our ropes. Please do not forget many of these player posts come from individuals that have been supporting this game financially for many many years.

I Love this game but it is getting to the point that I seriously wonder if it is worth my frustration and high blood pressure to continue playing. It used to be a fun time out to escape from real world problems. It is not fun when the game is more problems than the real world.
Very very well said! I've been playing beastmoon since day zero and love(d) it. So have most of my friends on my friend list with whom we meet in game once a month just to play this type of game. And more and more of my friends have quit on the weekend because of the unfair glitch that have consumed most of our matches. Playing these matches was pretty much pointless if a ninja pig was on the enemy team.

I agree, compensation by either rewarding lunari or running this event again this month would regain my trust with wiz :) Of course, with all the glitches fixed.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
Copied from the other thread on the "orange chain of death" - just in case you didn't see it. Looks like there is hope for all us that encountered disconnect problems and "time-outs to play penalties".

Rowantimes6 on May 13, 2020 wrote:
I want to thank the KI Support Team for responding to my last ticket with hope for a resolution to this very frustrating partial disconnect in the Beastmoon Event. Below is their response.
I, and many others, now can have hope for the next Beastmoon Event being a much more satisfying and fun experience.
Thank you so much
PS: I also hope you will be able to remove all the penalty time from our accounts. One of my wizards is 85 years out in penalty time - I am 62 and will not live that long to be able to play Beastmoon with that wizard.

Response By Email (KingsIsle Support) (05/12/2020 05:24 PM)
Hi there!

We apologize for the frustrations!

KingsIsle's developers are absolutely aware of this bug.

Although we do not have an exact ETA as to the resolution we can advise that it has been brought to their attention for a fix.

Please keep checking the our Social Media Links and our main website for information about updates to the game.

In the meantime you can follow the latest updates & comment specific to your issue:
To report Problems & Bugs post here:
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory-3

If you have any feedback or suggestions you wish to share or unreported bugs please them there.

Our game makers and community manager do take player feedback extremely seriously and this is the most direct way to reach them in regards providing your feedback on any in-game issue.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kindest Regards,

KingsIsle Support

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
Greetings Wizards having trouble with the -200 pig error. I figured a solution to it. I played Krokomummy took Triton saved enough pips for the full health of the pig with the -200 error wham no more pig problem. I realize this cannot be done in every game. The groups of people that entered with the new group feature who were mostly rude and would not let other players in the fight with them. In at least a dozen fights I was left out with one other player. The two left out players were told not to fight a battle or turn the cap. We were supposed to just sit there, wait until the group won or lost the game. The new group thing & the changes have made Beast moon have the same problems as pvp. I liked the rivalry with my friends. It was friendly and good to have equal stats and a surprise when you found out what your friend choose as their beast.
I am one of the orange bar ones too. I received a notice that they were going to ban me from playing beast moon all together. During a Beast moon match my computer just froze to a dead stop. I had to turn off my computer. Logging back in I found myself in the beast moon arena, the game over and a warning telling me I will be banned from playing beast moon if I continue to log out of games. In a letter to Kingsisle I wrote after ten plus years of playing this game I would be heartbroken if all the time, effort, and monies I have put into it stops because of their glitch. I received a short letter back asking me to send them A trace route. I did not do so. I do not know how to and their short explanation of how to trace route left me wondering if I wanted to tinker with my computer in an area I am not familiar with.
The WISPS please I spent countless minutes during these games just chasing after wisps that had already been absorbed by others.
I try to leave the chest for other players, however, found myself having to open them to get game play coin. Lately I have been receiving less than 10 coin waiting for my beast moon plants that are taking their time to reach elder. I planted a group of three plants it took them almost 2 full days to reach elder for harvesting. I almost feel as if Wizards has been sold to aliens, That they are making decisions based on a marketing toward buying crowns and more cash items. In the areas were you give out awards there is little award given. The clothes, even the clothes in the packs is not gear enough. However, this is a game. I have to realize it is made for profit in the first place. I just remember when Dragonspyre was the end of the game. We had Charity Mounts I don't know. How things have changed. Even with all the problems I continue to love this game regardless the bumps along the road. Just wish they could be fixed.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
LoganSkillRider on May 14, 2020 wrote:
Greetings Wizards having trouble with the -200 pig error. I figured a solution to it. I played Krokomummy took Triton saved enough pips for the full health of the pig with the -200 error wham no more pig problem. I realize this cannot be done in every game. The groups of people that entered with the new group feature who were mostly rude and would not let other players in the fight with them. In at least a dozen fights I was left out with one other player. The two left out players were told not to fight a battle or turn the cap. We were supposed to just sit there, wait until the group won or lost the game. The new group thing & the changes have made Beast moon have the same problems as pvp. I liked the rivalry with my friends. It was friendly and good to have equal stats and a surprise when you found out what your friend choose as their beast.
I am one of the orange bar ones too. I received a notice that they were going to ban me from playing beast moon all together. During a Beast moon match my computer just froze to a dead stop. I had to turn off my computer. Logging back in I found myself in the beast moon arena, the game over and a warning telling me I will be banned from playing beast moon if I continue to log out of games. In a letter to Kingsisle I wrote after ten plus years of playing this game I would be heartbroken if all the time, effort, and monies I have put into it stops because of their glitch. I received a short letter back asking me to send them A trace route. I did not do so. I do not know how to and their short explanation of how to trace route left me wondering if I wanted to tinker with my computer in an area I am not familiar with.
The WISPS please I spent countless minutes during these games just chasing after wisps that had already been absorbed by others.
I try to leave the chest for other players, however, found myself having to open them to get game play coin. Lately I have been receiving less than 10 coin waiting for my beast moon plants that are taking their time to reach elder. I planted a group of three plants it took them almost 2 full days to reach elder for harvesting. I almost feel as if Wizards has been sold to aliens, That they are making decisions based on a marketing toward buying crowns and more cash items. In the areas were you give out awards there is little award given. The clothes, even the clothes in the packs is not gear enough. However, this is a game. I have to realize it is made for profit in the first place. I just remember when Dragonspyre was the end of the game. We had Charity Mounts I don't know. How things have changed. Even with all the problems I continue to love this game regardless the bumps along the road. Just wish they could be fixed.
Same exact thing regarding that trace route. They think they explained it perfectly but failed to realize not everyone has the search bar readily available. I figured out mine was hidden by right clicking the task bar. I too did not want to tinker with the computer but I trusted them and did what they said and sent them that trace route, to which they never got back to me on it. I do not know why that is even needed in the first place. It is their system, their beastmoon that was broken, not all our computers. Does Support mean to tell us that hundreds of their customers do not have a computer that can support the game all of a sudden? Makes no sense asking for a trace route. It wouldn't even prove or solve anything.

The coins from seeds do seem to be less now. School seeds give more and you can use hasty harvest tc on it in between hunts. Just don't do this while waiting in the queue, that is how I got my 15 minute penalties.

I've sat out so many battles too. It's not fun, especially when I spend up to 80 coins per hunt. I play a tier 5 healer and buy extra spirit harvests, wings, the aoe, and a pips fairy. I tell the team coins were spent, but a healer is not much good without both pips, and chests are sorely needed by me to get back coins and mainly to get some 0-pip cards. Those 0-pip spells can help build up 5 pips for my aoe. Trying to get those pips has another issue. First we all know about ghost pips, not cool; but there is also the fact that draconian healer is just slow. I try going in a different direction (btw, never tell the team to stick together because the smart play is to split up to get those pips before the other team does) but even if a team splits in both directions, the healer won't outrun many beasts. Maybe this is why I seem to fair better when I play a tier 3 rat instead.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Beastmoon bugs are happening again with the new underwater map. In just 2 games played, here are the bugs bugging me:

-3 of us joined a group and one friend took like 5+ minutes before being able to enter.
-During that Hunt, I could not see shields or heals on anyone.
-Same 3 tried again and this time I got Bug Reporter. So now I have a penalty of no fault of my own.
-More ghost pips. WHY? Why are there pip wisps not able to collect?
-Now that I am logged back on, I cannot whisper my friends in the group to tell them what had happened.
I even tried chat channel and I can read what they say but they cannot see what I say.

WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO CHAT WITH FRIENDS IN THE BEASTMOON HUNT

Administrator
Closing thread, let's create a new thread for new issues please, even if they are sort of recurring. Thanks!