Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Selling Reagents directly to True Friends

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 28, 2012
Im tryna sell reagents to my LIVING brother who is playing RIGHT next to me so he can do his crafting and people keep buying out the reagents before he can get them. Even with countdowns and such. This should be fixed to be much more easier so you can sell reagents directly to true friends. I'm pretty sure nobody reads these but these would be an amazing addition to the game unlike the changes to pets lol

Administrator
Duncan DeathGem on Apr 27, 2020 wrote:
Im tryna sell reagents to my LIVING brother who is playing RIGHT next to me so he can do his crafting and people keep buying out the reagents before he can get them. Even with countdowns and such. This should be fixed to be much more easier so you can sell reagents directly to true friends. I'm pretty sure nobody reads these but these would be an amazing addition to the game unlike the changes to pets lol
I'll let the team know while they also investigate a few issues with reagents. Thanks Duncan!

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
Player to Player trading of items / gear would be helpful as well.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Sparck on Apr 29, 2020 wrote:
I'll let the team know while they also investigate a few issues with reagents. Thanks Duncan!
Removing Participation Trophies for Recipes would also be helpful. Any reagent that requires players to participate in events they don't like should not be happening.

Replace that reagent or make it craftable without having to join events or PvP.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2013
I second Duncan's Idea. I like to help my partner out who plays the game too. We trade TCs between ourselves of course but trying to buy the sought after reagents in the Bazaar is so hard. I'm pretty quick on the keyboard and don't often manage it. Her dexterity isn't as good as mine as she has hand injuries to her hand, so she stands zero chance. I think opening it up to True Friends is a good compromise as you won't be creating as much data traffic on the server as you would making it ully open.

I can understand the reasons why trading gear between accounts is not supported - although it is frustrating when I get a piece of gear I can't use and it would benefit her. Even if I created a wizard of that school if it was collected on a high level wizard it would be ages before they could use it. I guess the reason is it de-incentivises the effort to put together the perfect set of gear if you can just trade the 'school-only' items easily, but with the drop rates being that low and further reduced by the number of schools maybe trading to True Friends isn't such a bad idea for gear too.