Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tempest not taking all pips

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
Just wanted to let someone know that Tempest has been acting strange since the new update. Currently it leaves a "leftover" pip/powerpip for the next round. For example, if someone uses a 4 pip tempest instead of it leaving behind 0 pips at the end of the round and starting the next round at 1 pip, it will leave 1 pip and start the next round at 2 pips. This happened to dual storms today in Abandoned House instance where both had 3 power pips, and after their tempests were cast they were each left with 1 leftover power pip and then at the start of the next round had 2 power pips. (I do NOT know if the leftover pip is counting for damage-- So if the tempest is taking the full 4 pips or only 3 for damage, BUT I do know that tempest is not taking ALL the pips from the player and starting the next round with 1). This also happened in PvP in a quick match 1v1 where I casted a 4 power pip tempest and started the next round with once again 2 power pips, which obviously is not fair in a PvP match.

Thank you for looking into this issue.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2010
This also happened to me and many other storm. We notice tempest sometime only taking 4 pip maxed [2 power pips] Please look into this.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
I've personally noticed all X rank spells visually not taking all pips, but at the start of the next round the caster of the X rank spell always has the correct one pip/power pip. Still a visual bug that needs to be fixed, but I haven't personally used my tempest on my storm or any other X rank spell and not started the next round with the correct amount of pips. Not to say it isn't leaving the extra pips for some people, but I haven't seen the bug go past a visual error.

Survivor
May 26, 2010
I've noticed the same issue, and looked it up, thus finding myself here. I just cast tempest and found myself having a pip leftover. I have however, noticed this issue before. I noticed sometimes that mobs would cast tempest and it would do full damage without consuming their pips sometimes. I had an encounter in Crescent Beach in the dungeon that takes you to Sardonyx where the Fellspawn were casting full pip tempests on me round after round, eventually casting other high pip spells as well.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2020
i legit just had the exact same thing happen to me but on a larger scale
i had full power pips and i tried to use tempest and it barely did any damage and left me with three power pips. why must i suffer in this way it literally almost cost me the battle and when i used it the second time it used all the pips i had left

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
I just started using a Storm wizard and had this recently happen to me. I cast a tempest and the start of the next turn i had two pips and a power pip, enough to cast a kraken then and there. Something is definitely not right, please fix this.

Survivor
Oct 27, 2009
This has now happened to be a few times. In the fight I just completed it left one power pip and one regular pip, so then I started the next round with 3 pips. I was expecting to one shot the opponent, and was surprised when it did minimal damage, and then I had to cast the spell a second time to end the fight. Very strange!

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
Previously I'd never noticed this being an issue... then today it has happened on my Storm four times (so far)!

I think we'd all really appreciate at least an acknowledgement from KI just to know y'all are aware of this issue, even if you don't have a solution right now...

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
IDK if this is the same experience for everyone else, but I just wanted to add that it seems to do this whenever I fizzle the round beforehand...

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
Can confirm, it just happened to me moments ago as well. I was in Marleybone doing the Stolen Away quest, and during the third fight I used the spell after unlocking it, it only used 2 power pips out of the 5 I had. I'm guessing its a bug, and I'd like to see it fixed soon.