Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

9th Character slot restricted?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
So, KI has just announced that they are continuing their controversial, large-scale Crowns Reward Weekends. I had hopes that such an event would not be as controversial as the past two times, but now I'm not so sure.

So what my problem is, is that there is apparently an Additional Character Slot elixir in this event. Players who redeem this and already have an additional slot will unlock an 8th character slot.

Normally I would be happy about this, but this seems awfully restricting. You can only get this 8th slot if you already have purchased one, and get a high enough Crowns purchase on the progress bar to get this extra one. And if you get this Slot elixir from the event and don't already have one, you won't be able to purchase another from the Crown shop!

This 8th Character Slot seems unfairly targeted towards those that have a lot of time and money to spare. And during this quarantine, that is no joke right now. I request that KI reconsider this kind of approach before going through with it.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Lookit Light on Apr 9, 2020 wrote:
So, KI has just announced that they are continuing their controversial, large-scale Crowns Reward Weekends. I had hopes that such an event would not be as controversial as the past two times, but now I'm not so sure.

So what my problem is, is that there is apparently an Additional Character Slot elixir in this event. Players who redeem this and already have an additional slot will unlock an 8th character slot.

Normally I would be happy about this, but this seems awfully restricting. You can only get this 8th slot if you already have purchased one, and get a high enough Crowns purchase on the progress bar to get this extra one. And if you get this Slot elixir from the event and don't already have one, you won't be able to purchase another from the Crown shop!

This 8th Character Slot seems unfairly targeted towards those that have a lot of time and money to spare. And during this quarantine, that is no joke right now. I request that KI reconsider this kind of approach before going through with it.
It actually offers a ninth character slot, since this is the second Crowns Reward weekend to offer the additional character slot as a reward.

Since this rewards weekend is only offering in-game purchases up to 300 dollars (vice the 700 dollars that must be spent to get the original rewards weekend mount) and that most items are still cosmetic or additive.....this character slot elixir is the item that stands out the most. It isn't just an additional character slot (since most don't need another character to play through the game) it is the all the additional bank, backpack and housing space that makes the extra character slots shine.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I like most of the community am not a fan of these "events" and think it's not very good to have in a game marketed towards children.

That being said, they must have enough whales to justify the practice. It makes me wonder how many people actually achieve that status.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Wait, come again? there is now the 8th Character Slot? When did Kingsisle decide that? If that is true how do I get the 8th unlocked?

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Patrick Ravenbane on Apr 13, 2020 wrote:
Wait, come again? there is now the 8th Character Slot? When did Kingsisle decide that? If that is true how do I get the 8th unlocked?
Exactly. But it doesn't help that it's the second last item on the list, up there at around 100,000 Crowns. I can understand why some things would be rather pricey, but this is extreme.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
You decide what to do with your time and money. Parents make that decision for their children. As long as KI gets a good response to these events, they will continue with them.
Really, who needs 8 characters? Or 9, heavens!

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
I am wondering the same thing.
How do you get an 8th slot?
Buy another elixir?
I thought it grayed out and would not let you buy another???
I have to go and check on this i suppose.

Scarlet ShadowStone

Explorer
May 06, 2013
Ki never announced an 8th slot. If they did then it should be another elixir so it's more affordable for everyone not just for the rich

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Hmmmm...You Cannot Buy an Eighth Wizard Slot.
So I have No Idea What Everyone is Talking About.
Please Inform me about this.

Thank You very much.
Scarlet ShadowStone

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Apr 14, 2020 wrote:
You decide what to do with your time and money. Parents make that decision for their children. As long as KI gets a good response to these events, they will continue with them.
Really, who needs 8 characters? Or 9, heavens!
Yes, I can agree that the necessity of these extra character slots is disputable. But if they're going to put it in, they shouldn't put it in a spot where you have to spend 100,000 Crowns in 3 days! Hardly anyone would be willing to do that, especially right now!

I would suggest one of two rewards:

1: Move this Elixir to a spot where it is still very hard to get, but not absurdly so. Say, as a final reward in the Scroll of Fortune.

2: Allow people to buy more than one Additional Character slot out of the Crown Shop. However, the price would increase for every slot you buy, so it isn't absurd.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2012
I just bought the 7th slot a few days ago. It is a royal pain half of the time when I log out to switch. all 6 of my other toons are gone, the rest of the time one of my toons is randomly missing. It only shows 6 toons at once on the login page even though there is technically 8 or even 10 seats showing depending on your setting. Either way I have to log back in then relog out to see either the right toon or any of the other ones. I really regret buying it. I only did to play a life toon.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
redwolfire on Apr 20, 2020 wrote:
I just bought the 7th slot a few days ago. It is a royal pain half of the time when I log out to switch. all 6 of my other toons are gone, the rest of the time one of my toons is randomly missing. It only shows 6 toons at once on the login page even though there is technically 8 or even 10 seats showing depending on your setting. Either way I have to log back in then relog out to see either the right toon or any of the other ones. I really regret buying it. I only did to play a life toon.
There is an arrow at the bottom of your character screen, clicking on that will bring up the "missing" characters.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Lookit Light on Apr 16, 2020 wrote:
Yes, I can agree that the necessity of these extra character slots is disputable. But if they're going to put it in, they shouldn't put it in a spot where you have to spend 100,000 Crowns in 3 days! Hardly anyone would be willing to do that, especially right now!

I would suggest one of two rewards:

1: Move this Elixir to a spot where it is still very hard to get, but not absurdly so. Say, as a final reward in the Scroll of Fortune.

2: Allow people to buy more than one Additional Character slot out of the Crown Shop. However, the price would increase for every slot you buy, so it isn't absurd.
I like you idea better. It's more fair that why. :)

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Kingsisle, 1000,000 Crowns and in 3 days time? Really? That is roughly 140 dollors. Teens and those in the 20's have no job to afford an extra 140 dollors even in a month. Many people are lucky to have parents to afford a few months membership for thier chidlren; especailly in a lockdown from this coronavirus. Kingsilse, if you want have a 8th character slot event, will you please make the price more affordable to buy?

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Look at the bottom right on your main character screen. There is a little arrow that will take you to another page which holds your 7th wizard.

Hope that helped.

Scarlet ShadowStone

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
redwolfire on Apr 20, 2020 wrote:
You don't have to log out. There should be a yellow arrow in the bottom right corner on the classroom character select screen to click that will show the missing character.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Patrick Ravenbane on Apr 20, 2020 wrote:
Kingsisle, 1000,000 Crowns and in 3 days time? Really? That is roughly 140 dollors. Teens and those in the 20's have no job to afford an extra 140 dollors even in a month. Many people are lucky to have parents to afford a few months membership for thier chidlren; especailly in a lockdown from this coronavirus. Kingsilse, if you want have a 8th character slot event, will you please make the price more affordable to buy?
That's one of the reasons why this event disappointed me. Why in the Spiral did they decide to do this event in the midst of international COVID lockdowns and mass job layoffs?! You're affected by this, I am, and Kingsisle themselves are. Who would spend hundreds of dollars on Crowns right now when their budget is so tight?

The purposes of the Weekend Warrior Crowns Reward weekend are pointless and inappropriate during this point in time. As a concerned community player, I demand that Kingsisle put more consideration into these sorts of events before initiating them. This is the third time in a row that large Crowns Rewards Weekends have been controversial, and I feel that significant changes need to be made before this event resumes.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
(2'nd attempt posting this)

I must insist on an apology from KI's marketing team, or whoever insisted on this event. The Weekend Warrior Crowns Reward weekend was pointless and inappropriate during this quarantine. No-one has money to spend on this even if they wanted to.