Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bazaar Reagents Hoarders

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 20, 2011
I would like to bring to the attention an issue that is getting from bad to worse.

Today I saw all reagents at bazaar just disappear. From seeing 3 pages of them, to see only 1 page then up to 0 reagents in total. zero. nada. ( I have screenshot to prove it)

People hoarding reagents in bazaar when they do not need them. This makes crafting and farming for reagents much more difficult if not impossible.

People are selling reagents for empowers in other social media applications like discord and forums and these empowers are used as currency.

I thought of an idea to make reagents a little less available for everyone and is like not been able to see/buy any reagent that you do not have the recipe for, or the need for it.
Or another option is if you have too much of it, or like when you have enough to craft whatever item is that item used for.

There is sometimes people asking in bazaar for certain reagent, and if i have it I sell it for them. but this is happening now way too often.
Please KI do something.
Thank you in advance.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Thesist on Apr 6, 2020 wrote:
I would like to bring to the attention an issue that is getting from bad to worse.

Today I saw all reagents at bazaar just disappear. From seeing 3 pages of them, to see only 1 page then up to 0 reagents in total. zero. nada. ( I have screenshot to prove it)

People hoarding reagents in bazaar when they do not need them. This makes crafting and farming for reagents much more difficult if not impossible.

People are selling reagents for empowers in other social media applications like discord and forums and these empowers are used as currency.

I thought of an idea to make reagents a little less available for everyone and is like not been able to see/buy any reagent that you do not have the recipe for, or the need for it.
Or another option is if you have too much of it, or like when you have enough to craft whatever item is that item used for.

There is sometimes people asking in bazaar for certain reagent, and if i have it I sell it for them. but this is happening now way too often.
Please KI do something.
Thank you in advance.
Anyone can find reagents anywhere, at anytime. They're just lying there ready to be picked up! Or you can garden & farm for the rarer ones. Or spend some of your gold for transmute recipes. You DON'T have to go to the bazaar to find reagents; if it were otherwise, your complaint would be legitimate.
Could it also be that players are crafting more to get points for the Scroll of Fortune or Showcase? Limiting amounts of reagents players can collect ( or buy ) could come back and bite you.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
In the case of Reagent Hoarders, I have personally never seen this taken place before.

Could just be persons struggling with having too much gold etc. trying to spend it all in a useful way.

But, in such cases, a cap on the amount of reagents one can buy a day could probably help to alleviate the issue?

Persons selling reagents for a friend to buy should communicate via text chat and not announce it out loud, some players pride themselves on this and instead buy the reagents that was actually meant for the friend who originally asked for them.

Being able to trade reagents with other players would also greatly assist.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2015

Please KI do something.
Thank you in advance.
This would ruin the market people arent hoarding them they stock up on them for their other wizards and stuff when they can its not just hoarders

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

Please KI do something.
Thank you in advance.
Players aren't hoarding. But since you posted on the last day of Double Garden Rewards, it is not surprising. Those who have been harvesting will usually MAX out on gold and then need to spend gold which leads them to buying reagents. Most aren't able to buy TC since they are usually maxed on those as well. It becomes a circle of buying and selling during this event.

Myself, if I max out on gold and TC I will normally continue to harvest since my main interest is in the MEGA Snacks. I don't bother with any buying or selling during that event. Any snacks that have maxed, I move a couple hundred to Shared Bank and continue the harvest.

Most of the time the Bazaar is flourishing but some of those reagents are still going to be hard to buy.

Just be patient. WE have all been there at one time or another.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Keep in mind we have a much larger player base at this time since all schools are closed. I have not seen this many player on at one time in many years. That may be another reason reagents in the bazaar are a bit harder to get. I am a stocker of reagents.... (as opposed to a hoarder)... for things I may need to craft down the road either for myself or for my other wizards. I share reagents with my other wizards. However I do farm reagents out in the game. When I see one I am a stickler for harvesting them. Unfortunately for a lot of players right now you will have to go out in game and find them yourself. It's just part of the game. Bazaar is just to busy, and I have seen 0 reagents in the bank on several occasions.

Another thing KI could do is make it so you cannot sell reagents anymore in the Bazaar. I like the idea of being allowed to trade them among players. Maybe they could limit the trading to certain reagents and then only a certain amount. Like for example no more than 10 or 20 reagents a day to any one player. And no trading Ambers and such.
Just an idea.

Scarlet ShadowStone

Explorer
Sep 20, 2011
You all are right, seeing all reagents disappear under my sight was a bit upsetting and did not think at the time all those reasons you give here in this threat.

And yes a shout out for the reagents to be tradable.