Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Breeding and Talents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
Okay so I am new to pet hatching and breeding and I would like to start this off with that.

I have a peace dove, hes great except he has life-giver as a talent. Now I am an Ice wizard with a secondary school in life so its not the worst trait possible but it definitely is not what I wanted. My pet's little DNA spiral number is 72 btw, not sure if that matters but I believe the higher the number the rarer the possible talents?

So I breed my peace dove, and I get a second peace dove and his little number is 92. Awesome right? Except when I train him and he hits teenager his first skill is... life giver. I read online that peace doves are meant to have unicorn right away at teenager and my other one did. Am I doing something wrong? I do not want the life giver skill but is this bad enough to equate my doves to be a 'fail'? How can I breed my pets in the future to ensure it does not get life giver? My first dove is now ancient and I love his other talents but man... life giver is a waste and id trade it even for ice boon.

Also, question on life giver. My pet started off saying it gave me 3% life attack boost. Okay neat not too much but the internet says 1-4% is max. Why then when I check is it sometimes 4%, 7% 9% and sometimes even down to 1%? It keeps changing and thats just not cool because if I am going to keep the dove, I want to know how much extra damage I will get.

TLDR: Peace dove has life giver as a trait, bred it and baby got it too. Is this bad enough to scrap my peace dove for or is life giver actually a rare trait that people want? Also, google says all peace doves get unicorn but the baby didn't, whats that about? Also, why does my life giver % keep changing?