Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Permanent spell transmutations!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 11, 2016
Attention wizards and especially, KI admins! I originally thought this should go in Halston's laboratory, but after some thought, I decided the dorms would be the best place to talk about this.

I'm here to talk about crafted permanent spell transmutations.
I know we've all thought about it at some point. We've asked, what if a Fire wizard could permanently have a magma man card? Or, what if a Death wizard could have a permanent minotaur? Or what if a Storm wizard could have a permanent storm hound?

That's what I want to delve into here, today. I'll be listing some permanent transmutation ideas along with their requirements and quest lines. I aim this more to the KI developers and I hope they're reading.

Crafted permanent transmutation eligibility requirements -

• You must have at least achieved the Adept Crafting Badge
  • You must have Completed Marleybone

The quest line -

The quest line will be initiated by your school professor and each school will have to speak to the professors of the other available schools for a total of 100XP and 500 gold.
It will be explained to all wizards that certain spells from certain other schools can now be crafted into permanent transmutations of their main school, to keep in their decks, forever!

The specifics -
  • You can craft any transmutation you want from another school as long as you are the required level for that spell.
  • One training point will be a requirement for any permanent transmutation of a spell rank 4 or higher, as well as X rank spells. (Rank 3 spells and under are free from a training point requirement. Anything above 3 requires one training point within the transmutation recipe!)
  • All spells are available for crafting only at the level unlocked by the school which the spell is transmuted from.
The spell list - (all spells that will be available as transmutations and the schools they will be available to)

Spirit schools
-

Life spells for transmutation to Death (Spells death can copy/transmute)

Death variants
  • Death Leprechaun (LVL 5)
  • Death Seraph (LVL 22, Rank 4, 450 )
  • Death Satyr (LVL 26, Rank 4, 500 to caster + Doom and Gloom)
  • Death Dryad (LVL 38 Rank X, 65 damage to all per pip, swap half to )

Myth spells for transmutation to Life (Spells life can copy/transmute)

Life variants

• Life troll (LVL 5)
  • Life humongofrog (LVL 22, Rank 4, 30 + 354 damage over time to all enemies)
  • Life Quake (earthquake) (LVL 42, Rank 6, 275 to all friends, 225 damage to all enemies)
  • Life Orthrus (LVL 48, Rank 7, 50 damage and 550 damage)

Death spells for transmutation to Myth(Spells myth can copy/transmute)

Myth variants
  • Myth Ghoul (LVL 5, Rank 2, 25 damage and 160 damage)
  • Mythical Pirate (LVL 22, Rank 5, 510 damage)
  • Animate (LVL 28, Rank X, summon a minion of )
  • Myth Wraith (LVL 42, Rank 6, 600 damage over 3 rounds, swap half to over 3 rounds)

Elemental schools -

Fire spells for transmutation to Storm (Spells storm can copy/transmute)

• Storm elf (LVL 5)
  • Storm hound (LVL 18, Rank X, 135 per pip over 3 rounds)
  • Lightning blitz (meteor strike) (LVL 22, Rank 4, 320 - 400 damage to all enemies + windstorm)
  • Phoenix (LVL 33, Rank 5, 700 - 745 damage)

Ice spells for transmutation to Fire (Spells fire can copy/transmute)

• Fire serpent (LVL 5)
  • Magma man (LVL 10)
  • Smoldering Armor (Ice Armor) (LVL 18, Rank X, absorb 125 damage per pip, 60% accuracy)
  • Magma Colossus (LVL 42, Rank 6, 625 damage + Steal 3 charms)

Storm spells for transmutation to Ice (Spells ice can copy/transmute)

• Ice bats (LVL 5, Rank 2, 180 - 260 damage)
  • Ice Kraken (LVL 22)
  • Ice Shards (Wild bolt) (Unlocked after Marleybone, Rank 2, 4, 40, or 400 damage to all enemies, 60% accuracy)
  • Ice Leviathan (LVL 58, Rank 8, 660 + Steal ward)

So, that's the basic idea behind permanent transmutations. It took some thought, consideration of relative strengths and weakness among the schools and a way to implement these transmutations without making it extremely easy to get a cool spell.

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about balance.

Now, because balance is sort of it's own crazy thing, I decided to set list of spells that balance can craft from three other schools as permanent transmutations.

Fire to Balance - Efreet, LVL 58, Rank 8, 700 damage + Black Mantle

Life to Balance - Centaur, LVL 33, Rank 6, 520 - 600 damage + Power play

Ice to Balance - Sandman (Evil Snowman) LVL 10, Rank 3, 260 - 320 damage + Weakness

Hopefully you found this to be a good idea.

Of course, the higher rank/level spell transmutations will require much more complex crafting recipes and a training point within the crafting recipe.
But, wizards who craft will appreciate this and it may bring more wizards into the crafting scene, who may not have been interested before this idea.

Other considerations..

• Death Minotaur (Myth - Death)
  • Storm Armor (Ice - Storm)
  • Lava Kraken ( Storm - Fire)

Once again, thank you all for reading. Be sure to click my profile and read over my other posts elsewhere for some interesting ideas/improvements to Wizard101!

- Seth MoonShade

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
There's some interesting ideas here. I wouldnt object to KI doing this. We've been asking for more spell variations for a long time now. I know the Life variants would be really popular