Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Am I Breeding Wrong, or Unlucky?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 18, 2012
I've been hatching for a triple double storm pet, and I keep getting my same pet back. I'm breeding a Blustering Scamp with a Rain Core. I've hatched 6 times, and each time I've got back a blustering scamp. Am I doing something wrong, unlucky, or it a rare occurance? I've also hatched 2 times with a Storm Armaments to no avail.

Survivor
Oct 08, 2018
Are you building on generations or are you breeding the same pets over and over until you get a rain core? I've found it easier to breed and then take the resulting pet and breeding it with one of the parents again in order to breed out the look I don't want. It does mean you have to get them to adult before you can hatch again, but I usually get what I want within two or three hatches. I've seen some debate on pets having genes and I'm convinced they do, but still no confirmed proof even though it seems to work that way for me.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
bcy7 on Mar 6, 2020 wrote:
I've been hatching for a triple double storm pet, and I keep getting my same pet back. I'm breeding a Blustering Scamp with a Rain Core. I've hatched 6 times, and each time I've got back a blustering scamp. Am I doing something wrong, unlucky, or it a rare occurance? I've also hatched 2 times with a Storm Armaments to no avail.
Some pets are difficult change, Especially what they look like and what card they give. You can adjust what talents your pet has, but it is almost impossible to get rid of a set shield card. You just create a specialty pet out of that pet--designed for a particular boss or dungeon.

Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
Sadly, I once trained a piggle with my "dream pet" eyeball for my myth wiz. After 14 hatches, I had the exact talents and stats I wanted, but it remained a piggle and would not change. I think it just happens sometimes.

Having said that, I have hatched hundreds of pets and it only happened to me once.