Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is pvp so broken?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 20, 2017
I’ve just played my last match of pvp untill turn based. believe it or not I just went second for the 10th time in a row. Im finished with this game now. Why is there so much luck and rng is this game and why is it taking so long to fix?

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Defender
May 11, 2013
JewelKI on Mar 5, 2020 wrote:
First time?
That is a lot to go on.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Question: "Why is PvP so Broken?"

Answer: PvP is not broken. This is a card game. By definition, card games employ RNG mechanics. Randomness and probability are implicitly built into any card game. That is what makes it fun! The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat!

Every school gets their day.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
I too think the system for PvP is broken because even if im initiate warlord with 1,000 + rating i should not be fighting any magus wizards i will wait an hour to find someone in my skill level i do not want lose my rank to magus. when u fight magus its not just a card game you have to play defensive from the start because they can socket jewels on their pets and you can have zeus gear going against a initiate. Last night i faced a level 44. my rating was 1100 now its in low 1000's. I believe the system should be changed.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Jordan shadowheart on Mar 5, 2020 wrote:
I’ve just played my last match of pvp untill turn based. believe it or not I just went second for the 10th time in a row. Im finished with this game now. Why is there so much luck and rng is this game and why is it taking so long to fix?
Turn base pvp is really balance. It allows for less prediction effort going second it just takes some time getting used to. You haven't posted why or how its broken other than your going second? i think more details are needed in order for us to help you, that includes gear stats and deck build.