Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Logging into message boards is hard for vision impaired

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
I have been playing Wizard101 since level 60 was the highest level.

Yes, I was a level 60 Balance Warlord. They called me "The Scorpion King."

Now I am severely middle aged and my eyes aren't what they used to be.

My fingers have memorized my login password, but now there is a secondary verification where I have to type in a random "Captcha" word.

Who in your IT department thought that was a good idea? There is no way anybody can guess my password which has I'm not telling bits of entropy.

So why do I have to try to figure out what a weird picture says and type it in after I have already typed in my password?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I'm guessing this is for additional security/verification reasons.

It usually happens when you're logging in using a new Wi-Fi, different computer system or you haven't logged in a while.

Maybe an option in your account settings should be made enabling it to be turned off for persons such as yourself that actually does more harm than good.

Explorer
May 28, 2012
I can well sympathize with Liam Swiftwalker, as this has occurred to me frequently. Not because I have been using a different computer. Wi-Fi or haven’t logged in for a while. I log in daily or at least every other day, this happens on the game and the forums here. It also happens when we have been logged out of the game for unknown reasons.

So any option to the game that would allow enabling it to be turned off would be appreciated.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
CAPTCHA usually has an auditory option. I didn't notice if this one has one.

I'm glad you brought this up.
Perhaps an option could be added to people's accounts that gives them the audio CAPTCHA?

Survivor
Jun 22, 2010
The Captcha happens to me a lot due to my internet provided using "floating" IP address for security. I have had to go through the Captcha screen several times in one log on. Now I just hit the upper right corner X and start over with my log in - goes right through, no problems. At least Wizard101 just asks you to figure out a crazy written word. I really hate the places that make you look at a bunch of small photos and click on the ones with a specific item /or part of that item.