Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Monstrology Events!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 25, 2013
Good day fellow wizards!

Monstrology might be one of the most fun hobbies in the game to me, nothing is more cool then seeing a boss fight for you. But not many people actually use it often, they will instead have their treasure cards full with these awesome minions, but they never get any use, mainly cause of full teams. That's why I think a Monstrology event, like the Deckathalon and Beastmoon, would make a lot of sense.

There would be many ways to implement this idea, but my main idea is that you choose a team of monsters, solo or teams, and have them fight other wizards teams. Each week, a rank will be revealed, so it will show "Rank 3-6 monsters allowed." These events will be organized in ranks, since you cant have your lost soul minion vs someones Devourer, right? As your minions keep battling/fighting, they will earn you points, and like the Deckathalon, you will unlock rewards the more you play.

I think there is just enough room for a extra book in the PvP area, when the event starts, it will appear. Here you will see all the info. The ranks of monsters allowed, a explanation, etc. A nice addition would to have a boosted point system, where using a specific monster or school will give you extra points!

When battling, your wizards do not participate, you will watch your monster(s) fight against another team. I do think it's fair for your wizards to do SOMETHING of course, maybe as you gain points, you can earn certain items that effect your monsters damage, pip rate, etc. I do think there is a way to implement more interaction during this fight, but i'll leave that to you!

But for a example, I do think there should be a phase before the battle. For example, a picking phase. Example: When the match chooses to begin, a layout similar to the trading treasure card screen appears. In this screen though, only the minion cards you have will show up (and is sorted to the rank that is allowed that event), you can see your opponents and your own treasure cards. The first card picked on both sides will be blocked out, shown as a white card, for 1v1 they cannot see what each other picked. But in 2v2 and so on, the cards after the blank one will be shown, and picked in a order. For example.

-Pick 1st card phase (the first card will never be shown till battle):

Wizard 1: Picks secret card

Wizard 2: Picks secret card

-Pick 2nd card phase, wizard 1 chooses first

Wizard 1: Chooses card, is shown to wizard 2,

Wizard 2: wizard 2 now picks his card

It could also be the other way around, where they both show their first card, then pick the secret cards for last!

This could put another layer of strategy into this mode, making you think about types, health amounts and advantages.

That concludes my idea for the Monstrology event. Monstrology is so much fun, and has a lot of potential, I would love to put my minions to a good use!

Thank you for reading!

Administrator
GoldenHephaetus on Feb 19, 2020 wrote:
Good day fellow wizards!

Monstrology might be one of the most fun hobbies in the game to me, nothing is more cool then seeing a boss fight for you. But not many people actually use it often, they will instead have their treasure cards full with these awesome minions, but they never get any use, mainly cause of full teams. That's why I think a Monstrology event, like the Deckathalon and Beastmoon, would make a lot of sense.

There would be many ways to implement this idea, but my main idea is that you choose a team of monsters, solo or teams, and have them fight other wizards teams. Each week, a rank will be revealed, so it will show "Rank 3-6 monsters allowed." These events will be organized in ranks, since you cant have your lost soul minion vs someones Devourer, right? As your minions keep battling/fighting, they will earn you points, and like the Deckathalon, you will unlock rewards the more you play.

I think there is just enough room for a extra book in the PvP area, when the event starts, it will appear. Here you will see all the info. The ranks of monsters allowed, a explanation, etc. A nice addition would to have a boosted point system, where using a specific monster or school will give you extra points!

When battling, your wizards do not participate, you will watch your monster(s) fight against another team. I do think it's fair for your wizards to do SOMETHING of course, maybe as you gain points, you can earn certain items that effect your monsters damage, pip rate, etc. I do think there is a way to implement more interaction during this fight, but i'll leave that to you!

But for a example, I do think there should be a phase before the battle. For example, a picking phase. Example: When the match chooses to begin, a layout similar to the trading treasure card screen appears. In this screen though, only the minion cards you have will show up (and is sorted to the rank that is allowed that event), you can see your opponents and your own treasure cards. The first card picked on both sides will be blocked out, shown as a white card, for 1v1 they cannot see what each other picked. But in 2v2 and so on, the cards after the blank one will be shown, and picked in a order. For example.

-Pick 1st card phase (the first card will never be shown till battle):

Wizard 1: Picks secret card

Wizard 2: Picks secret card

-Pick 2nd card phase, wizard 1 chooses first

Wizard 1: Chooses card, is shown to wizard 2,

Wizard 2: wizard 2 now picks his card

It could also be the other way around, where they both show their first card, then pick the secret cards for last!

This could put another layer of strategy into this mode, making you think about types, health amounts and advantages.

That concludes my idea for the Monstrology event. Monstrology is so much fun, and has a lot of potential, I would love to put my minions to a good use!

Thank you for reading!
A wonderfully laid out idea, thanks GoldenHephaetus for sharing! Glad to see you enjoy Monstrology in general.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2013
Sparck on Feb 19, 2020 wrote:
A wonderfully laid out idea, thanks GoldenHephaetus for sharing! Glad to see you enjoy Monstrology in general.
Your reply means a lot! Thanks for reading through!