Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changing Your Wizard's Name

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 10, 2009
I know that many of us started playing Wiz when we were much younger, and our idea of what a cool name was. I think that it would be nice to change your wizard's name. It would probably be for a certain cost of Crowns, and you would be locked out of being able to change your wizard's name for a certain period of time (just like how you can only put a house in a bank, and then have to wait a certain period of time before you can do so again).

This system could be implemented in the form of filling one of the empty buildings in Wizard City. The name change could take place in a court house type shop.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
DragonEnthusiast on Feb 13, 2020 wrote:
I know that many of us started playing Wiz when we were much younger, and our idea of what a cool name was. I think that it would be nice to change your wizard's name. It would probably be for a certain cost of Crowns, and you would be locked out of being able to change your wizard's name for a certain period of time (just like how you can only put a house in a bank, and then have to wait a certain period of time before you can do so again).

This system could be implemented in the form of filling one of the empty buildings in Wizard City. The name change could take place in a court house type shop.
This question and the seventh wizard slot has been one of the most requested feature since launch.

The seventh wizard became available last year... so perhaps soon we will finally get the feature to change the name of our Wizard.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
I am happy with my Wizrad name, but I accidentally chose the "frown" facial expression and wish I could change it to smiley.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Liam Swiftwalker on Feb 17, 2020 wrote:
I am happy with my Wizrad name, but I accidentally chose the "frown" facial expression and wish I could change it to smiley.
You can! Just use the magic mirror in the shopping district.

Take care.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2011
The Legacy on Feb 19, 2020 wrote:

Take care.
changing name? no you cant in magic mirror

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
jafar00201020 on Feb 20, 2020 wrote:
they said they wanted to change their appearance.

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
jafar00201020 on Feb 20, 2020 wrote:
No, they were talking about changing their wizard's face.

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
I second this change coming to the game, it's a feature commonly seen in many mmo rpg's. It is a bit overdue when it comes to character customization In Wizard101...

Survivor
Jul 03, 2011
The Legacy on Feb 19, 2020 wrote:

Take care.
lol i didnt notice you were replying to someone who was talking about facials.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2017
Champion
Feb 06, 2010
DaRoasterNoob on Feb 24, 2020 wrote:
You can change your wizard’s name?
Nope.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
DaRoasterNoob on Feb 24, 2020 wrote:
You can change your wizard’s name?
No, not yet.