Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Age Restrictions and Other things.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2019
Let me start off by saying, I LOVE your game. Now there seems to be a popular opinion (read it again...OPINION) that Wizard 101 and affiliated games are just for kids. This is not so. I am old. like dirt old. I turn 52 this year and this game has been a continuing and challenging realm of enjoyment for me. I've been playing it for over 10 years, and a member for as long. I appreciate the chat filters, and applaud this heroic effort on the part of the creators for this wonderful tool of safety for our children and grand children.More games should have those restrictions.In short (tooo late, old dude got wordy) Thanks guys at Kingsisle for the hard work. Keep it up.

Administrator
Edgartibadux on Feb 12, 2020 wrote:
Let me start off by saying, I LOVE your game. Now there seems to be a popular opinion (read it again...OPINION) that Wizard 101 and affiliated games are just for kids. This is not so. I am old. like dirt old. I turn 52 this year and this game has been a continuing and challenging realm of enjoyment for me. I've been playing it for over 10 years, and a member for as long. I appreciate the chat filters, and applaud this heroic effort on the part of the creators for this wonderful tool of safety for our children and grand children.More games should have those restrictions.In short (tooo late, old dude got wordy) Thanks guys at Kingsisle for the hard work. Keep it up.
Thanks Edgartibadux, we are glad you are with us and the community in the Spiral!!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Edgartibadux on Feb 12, 2020 wrote:
You think 52 is dirt old? HAH! I'm nearly 10 years older.... guess you think I ought to act my age and leave "kids" games alone.
It's wonderful to play a game and not be assaulted by verbal garbage. Sometimes I think the filter should be a bit more restrictive. Good Job, KI!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Feb 13, 2020 wrote:
You think 52 is dirt old? HAH! I'm nearly 10 years older.... guess you think I ought to act my age and leave "kids" games alone.
It's wonderful to play a game and not be assaulted by verbal garbage. Sometimes I think the filter should be a bit more restrictive. Good Job, KI!
You're a senior? I always thought you were a younger fellow... Goes to show how confusing online interaction can be.

Anyway, I can agree with both your sentiments. I myself am not NEARLY as old as either of you, but I grew up playing this game, and it's been with me for years. One of those reasons is indeed the chat filter. I really appreciate a game where it's more difficult to hurt others, and play in safety. That and the great developers, the great community, I could just go on and on. I just, just, will never leave this game if I can help it. Ever.

Explorer
May 28, 2012
Edgartibadux and Anecorbie, I got you both beat, 65 this year and I don’t care if others say this is a kid’s game. I have also gotten several family members involved in this game and they are loving it as well.

I, also, want to thank KingIsle for having a great game that is safe for all ages. My daughter had introduced me to this game before I lost several family members. This game gave me focus and the in-game community helped me over the rough days.

I have been a member since 2012 and hope to continue as long as I am able.

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
Cheryl Duskcrafter on Feb 14, 2020 wrote:
Edgartibadux and Anecorbie, I got you both beat, 65 this year and I don’t care if others say this is a kid’s game. I have also gotten several family members involved in this game and they are loving it as well.

I, also, want to thank KingIsle for having a great game that is safe for all ages. My daughter had introduced me to this game before I lost several family members. This game gave me focus and the in-game community helped me over the rough days.

67 this year and still going strong. :)

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Feb 13, 2020 wrote:
You're a senior? I always thought you were a younger fellow... Goes to show how confusing online interaction can be.

Anyway, I can agree with both your sentiments. I myself am not NEARLY as old as either of you, but I grew up playing this game, and it's been with me for years. One of those reasons is indeed the chat filter. I really appreciate a game where it's more difficult to hurt others, and play in safety. That and the great developers, the great community, I could just go on and on. I just, just, will never leave this game if I can help it. Ever.
What a wonderful compliment! I try to keep "youthful" in my attitude and keep in touch with what's current - playing this game ( w101 & p101 ) helps to keep my brain from "ossifying"!

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
I'm nearly 54 (how did THAT happen?) and I love Wizard101. Been playing for 11 years, and I do not plan on quitting any time soon. There are more of us than people realize!

We need wand that looks like a cane.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Cheryl Duskcrafter on Feb 14, 2020 wrote:

LOL, you got them beat and I got you beat. I turned 68 just recently. I highly doubt that I am the oldest but like you and many others, I have enjoyed playing Wizard101 since becoming a member Feb 2009.

I hope to continue playing for a long time and I have 2 grandsons just waiting. I did let the oldest create a F2P recently. I want him to be sure this is what he wants before I set him up with a sub.

I have never found a game that allows me to put real life in the back of my mind like this one does.

Thank you KI for a wonderful game

Survivor
Jun 25, 2019
I am so glad to see more folks my age here. the kids love it..i love it...heck i think we have the best games ever here.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008