Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Eagle War Shield

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 01, 2012
I messed up! When I got the quest to craft the Eagle War Shield, I had all the ingredients in my backpack, including agave nectar. So, I went directly to my Housing Crafting Table and crafted the Eagle War Shield. I then went back to Azteca to show Oztomeca my shield. He of course didn't accept it. I neglected go to the Mangrove Marsh to obtain Agave Nectar!!! Well no big deal I thought, I'll just make a new one after going to the Mangrove Marsh and collecting the nectar. I did that, but lo and behold I no longer had a Potent Trap treasure card!! So I did a little research and decided to try to get one from Mak the Knife in Azteca in Pitch Black Lake. Yeah sure! I have had innumerable battles with Mak and his minion. I've lost track of the number. So the big question is, does anyone have any idea of how I can obtain a Potent Trap TC, without dueling Mak the Knife again or any other dude that supposedly drops Potent Trap TCs? Or do another crafting project so I can get the required number of points to advance beyond Legendary Artisan? I have already crafted a Proud Alphoi Mantle (hat) and a pair of Proud Alphoi Boots but that didn't do the trick, so I'm thinking you have to follow the narrow path to keep climbing the crafting ladder. Any ideas or advice will be appreciated.

Explorer
May 28, 2012
I feel your pain, too. My fire had done exactly the same thing. I started gardening the Alligator Pears in the hope of acquiring the Ultra Alligator Pear. I can say this took a long time in finishing this quest.

Currently, the Potent Trap can be gained by interacting with the Cauldron found in the Battlemage Keep:
Dromel Merchant found in the Nomad’s Camp; Iron Sultan Statue that is acquired from defeating Metallos after the dungeon has been completed; Lost & Found in the Castaway’s Bungalow.

Sometimes, in trying for one item to complete a quest, I find that if I set it to the side I usually get what I am after, especially if a side quest. I know that sounded weird but I had found out it worked for me.

Good luck acquirring your badge.