Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why Raven Was Prisoned At The Begining?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 25, 2012
I have a question to the community/ developers. Anyone know why Grandmother Raven was locked in her prison (in wintertusk) from the begining?

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Star Gator on Feb 5, 2020 wrote:
I have a question to the community/ developers. Anyone know why Grandmother Raven was locked in her prison (in wintertusk) from the begining?
From what I heard, the Coven managed to trick Raven into a trap and imprison her. As far as I can speculate, a prison strong enough to hold her would have to be of ancient, eldritch magics from the dawn of the Spiral, or connected to the Ice Titan itself. Either that or she stayed there of her own free will.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2012
Star Gator on Feb 5, 2020 wrote:
Ravens are masters of trickery and they managed to imprison her. I'm not sure how, but they did it.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Because she imprisoned Old Cob.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
In order to bring about the Everwinter, the Coven likely needed Grandmother Raven at a disadvantage in order to wake her child, the Ice Giant (Ymir). Grandmother was really the only being in a position to stop them, seeing as how Grandfather Spider was still locked up and Bartleby wouldn't remember who the Coven even was as his Eye of History was missing.