Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A question about selfish sockets

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
Hello fellow wizards!

I have a mega death pet. It has triple damage and spell proof (and unicorn)

About a year ago I used a +strength as my jewel socket, and my (already existing) pet damage and resist stats improved.

Now I wonder, if I shatter my strength jewel, will my existing stats go down again (from 10% proof down to 9%, etc.)? I want to socket a damage jewel but I don't know if I want my other stats affected. Would appreciate your help!

Jonathan DawnHunter

lvl 130

Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
JonathanDawnHunter on Jan 28, 2020 wrote:
Hello fellow wizards!

About a year ago I used a +strength as my jewel socket, and my (already existing) pet damage and resist stats improved.

Now I wonder, if I shatter my strength jewel, will my existing stats go down again (from 10% proof down to 9%, etc.)? I want to socket a damage jewel but I don't know if I want my other stats affected. Would appreciate your help!

Jonathan DawnHunter

lvl 130
I could really use your help, thank you

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Hello! I think I know an answer to your question.

If you shatter the jewel that gives your pet more Strength, the stats will likely go down. You'll have to consider whether you do or don't want to sacrifice some stats if you are going to equip this damage jewel.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
JonathanDawnHunter on Jan 28, 2020 wrote:
Hello fellow wizards!

Jonathan DawnHunter

lvl 130
Strength affects Damage, Resist, Pip Chance, Pierce, Stun resistance and outgoing healing, so shattering that jewel will reduce both of those stats.

I suggest that you do not want may cast Unicorn, at least for a 1v1 pet.