Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Were the gardening benefits nerfed?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2019
I saw a few weeks ago that one of the best ways to grow your Couch Potato garden is to harvest your plants at elder during the gardening benefits event. I recently got an elixir that gave me gardening benefits and waited until all 4 of my couch potatos were elder to harvest them, but only got 1 seed from each of them. Is it no longer possible to grow your garden this way? When was this changed?

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
BxLorien7090 on Jan 28, 2020 wrote:
I saw a few weeks ago that one of the best ways to grow your Couch Potato garden is to harvest your plants at elder during the gardening benefits event. I recently got an elixir that gave me gardening benefits and waited until all 4 of my couch potatos were elder to harvest them, but only got 1 seed from each of them. Is it no longer possible to grow your garden this way? When was this changed?
The Double Gardening Menber Benefit was changed a couple months back so that you can no longer get double seeds from Elder harvests. You still get double of everything else, though.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Yes, they have nerfed the Double Gardening benefit to no longer double the dropped seeds. It was done so that they can give us the benefit more often, and since then they have given us Double Gardening once a month.

It was a controversial change, but in my opinion I very much prefer the benefit appearing more often than the double seeds.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
There has been a change, yes to how the gardening benefit now works.

As you noted, the major change was that seeds upon being harvested at elder will no longer produce two seeds, it will now remain at one seed being produced.

This was done in order to help alleviate the major access to seeds, hence, gold and treasures player apparently were receiving to really sum this up.

See this post by Professor Falmea that discusses the issue in details.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/double-gardening-returning-soon-with-changes-8ad6a4276c6b2525016c8c738f5c7cd7?page=1

Survivor
Dec 18, 2019
Star Edward on Jan 29, 2020 wrote:
There has been a change, yes to how the gardening benefit now works.

As you noted, the major change was that seeds upon being harvested at elder will no longer produce two seeds, it will now remain at one seed being produced.

This was done in order to help alleviate the major access to seeds, hence, gold and treasures player apparently were receiving to really sum this up.

See this post by Professor Falmea that discusses the issue in details.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/double-gardening-returning-soon-with-changes-8ad6a4276c6b2525016c8c738f5c7cd7?page=1

Thats really upsetting honestly. I'm a new player so I never had the chance to enjoy this benefit. I have to spend weeks or possibly months to collect the seeds I need to grow a respectable garden while everyone else who started playing before me got this amazing boost. It really feels like I'm starting with a disadvantage