Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which World Is Older?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Hey, I have a question to the developers / writters here. Which world is older? Azteca or Empyrea? I came up with this questioned when I realized Husk which is also a part of the first world destoryed is a part of Empyrea .

Can anyone answer this question?

Arcanum Lore/ Kyle BattleStaff

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
All worlds of the Spiral originate from the First World. When the First World broke apart, Bartleby and Raven created the Spiral to keep the fragmented pieces from being completely destroyed. So to answer the question, they are the same age.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Star Gator on Jan 25, 2020 wrote:
Hey, I have a question to the developers / writters here. Which world is older? Azteca or Empyrea? I came up with this questioned when I realized Husk which is also a part of the first world destoryed is a part of Empyrea .

Can anyone answer this question?

Arcanum Lore/ Kyle BattleStaff
Or perhaps you mean civilizations?

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
Determining which is older is quite challenge... To sum up a quote from Librarian Fitzhume during the last Storytime post the devs did, Fitzhume basically stated that time within the Spiral is not like it is on our world.

He points out how our perception of time on earth is governed by nature, while in the Spiral time is governed by the flow of magic and thus it can be manipulated. Fitzhume goes on to explain that time moves differently between worlds, and that events like the Fall of Celestia may be ancient history on some words and relatively recent events on others. Meaning that theoretically, a day in Wizard City could be a year or more in Dragonspyre. So classifying how old each world is by comparison to others is particularly difficult.

If you want to get technical I would say both works are equally old. Empyrea is the believed center if the Spiral and Raven went to great lengths to keep Spider from it, being the center of the Spiral you could argue it is older. But then we come to the dilemma of how the Spiral was formed, was it from the outside-in or the inside-out?

However the Aztecsaurs claim they heard the song of creation and are the oldest beings in existence, so there's also some very valid defenable arguments for Azteca being older.

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
The Lore Keeper on Feb 20, 2020 wrote:
Determining which is older is quite challenge... To sum up a quote from Librarian Fitzhume during the last Storytime post the devs did, Fitzhume basically stated that time within the Spiral is not like it is on our world.

He points out how our perception of time on earth is governed by nature, while in the Spiral time is governed by the flow of magic and thus it can be manipulated. Fitzhume goes on to explain that time moves differently between worlds, and that events like the Fall of Celestia may be ancient history on some words and relatively recent events on others. Meaning that theoretically, a day in Wizard City could be a year or more in Dragonspyre. So classifying how old each world is by comparison to others is particularly difficult.

If you want to get technical I would say both works are equally old. Empyrea is the believed center if the Spiral and Raven went to great lengths to keep Spider from it, being the center of the Spiral you could argue it is older. But then we come to the dilemma of how the Spiral was formed, was it from the outside-in or the inside-out?

However the Aztecsaurs claim they heard the song of creation and are the oldest beings in existence, so there's also some very valid defenable arguments for Azteca being older.
I thought Wizard City was the center of the Spiral.