Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Issues with Briny Deep Retreat - Placement

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2013
I recently purchased the under the sea bundle and am having some major issues when trying to decorate the exterior and interior as well.

1) On the exterior I am finding that placing any rugs down (all of them and flat wooden platforms) leaves you unable to pick them back up. With the exception of two very small places I have located through trial and error over the past couple days. The only way you can pick them up is by accessing your attic and then clicking on the house tab and moving them to your backpack. Otherwise, its not gonna happen.

2) On the interior when placing wall mounted items they either glitch out and are only partially visible on some wall and not on other walls. The exact same wall mounted housing item will be find in another space sometimes, but not always.

3) On the interior after placing wall mounted items, and them displaying correctly, once leaving and then returning an odd square backsplash will appear behind your housing item on the wall. If you pick it up and move it, it will disappear, but once you leave and come back it returns, but not always. Its hit or miss.

I am attaching screenshots of what I am seeing.
The exterior is a mess and very frustrating to try and decorate. Especially when you cant place rugs anywhere. You cant even use castle magic on them as they are completely unclickable once laid down.

Any help or assistance in getting these issues resolved would be awesome. It stinks to spend so much on a bundle for the castle and then being unable to decorate it as intended.

www.imagehostingcentral.com/images/lalabugu/screenshot817.png
www.imagehostingcentral.com/images/lalabugu/screenshot816.png
www.imagehostingcentral.com/images/lalabugu/screenshot815.png

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
This has happened to me as well, I don't know what it is. Also when putting down or glitching items outside, you literally have to go into the attic, look in house, and then pick up the rug or wooden platform. The game will not allow you to just put something down outside and pick it back up. This needs to be fixed. Thanks for posting this problem.

Survivor
May 01, 2013
I have also found that some of the interior walls can not even be decorated at all. When items are hung on walls they completely disappear from both your backpack and the actual location that you just set it. But when you look at the current items in your home through the attic you can see that your item is indeed in your house even though it is not visible. Housing items just become invisible and yet they are taking up precious available space. when you are limited in the amount of items you can place this becomes an issue. Cant keep track of whats there when you cant see it.
I also have discovered that placing down rugs or flat wooden platforms in the grand area with the fishing pond leaves them unclickable as well. Thus making you revert once again to using your attic to pick them up again. I have discovered that the interior is in even worse shape than the exterior when it comes to major design flaws and unstable items placement. You can hang a flag on a wall and then hang another right next to it and one will look normal while the other is only partially visable or just completely disappears from view. Im assuming the rendering of the walls is off kilter or the consistency of the base programing is not fluid throughout the interior.
Additionally i have found that any wall hangings that are not square or rectangular all have a square frame around them once placed that is transparent and you can actually see through the walls to the outside exterior. Like a unwanted window view framing all of you masks, shields, lamps, etc. Of course thats if you can actually see them. In the halls to the left, last room before the teleport pod most of the walls dont work. Unseen, yet hung and counted items are an issue throughout the room. In some places the furniture actually will sink into the walls in some spots. Don't place rugs, never know when you wont be able to pick it back up.
Flat wooden platforms can not be picked back up when placed just about anywhere inside even with a spinning rug hovering over it. Attic access only.
Also, using castle magic on the exterior is a bit glitchy. I set up all my castle magic yesterday. When i came back to it today only part of my magic was working. I had to go through all of it and re-assign spells and items to most of them again.
And forget about trying to use castle magic on single placed fish from your fishing basket. It doesnt work most of the time and continually unlinks itself from the timers and reflectors they are assigned to.
When assigning fish to a timer or reflector the item picture will not show a picture of the assigned fish either. Instead it will show a picture of some random housing item that you have previously placed. It will never show you the fishes picture. Never.
Once placing fish you can not move them to another position anywhere. You have to pick them completely up and then re-place them where you want them. This is a problem because once you pick them up, if castle magic that was placed on them, it is then removed. And good luck figuring out where and what was assigned since it wont show you a picture of your fish that was assigned to it anyway. You just have to start all over again from the begining with your magic items and redo all your previous work.
It is so horribly time consuming and frustrating to put it mildly. Never had such an issue with any house in my 10 years of decorating houses.

My biggest complaint though is actually the maximum item limit. 350 is not enough for the exterior of this castle. The exterior is massive. And at 350 items you can decorate it but its very sparse. Still looks so empty. Just a huge waste of incredible space that you could do so much with. Why create suck an expansive layout when it cant even be utilized? Even after maxing out with bric a brac elixirs it feels empty. A waste imo.

Survivor
May 01, 2013
So I had finally finished decorating my castle last night . But when I returned today to inspect it and make sure everything was finally working right I was shocked to discover that all of my floor and wall coverings on the interior are now gone. I have logged out and then returned and they are all still missing. It took me a long time to acquire some of them as they are very rare and only dropped by fishing or they are extremely hard to get from packs etc. They arent in my pack. They just are gone.What is going on here? I even used a red wallpaper that you basically cant get. Took me two years to find it. I am so bummed.

Survivor
May 01, 2013
Additionally I just discovered that I can no longer place any wall or floor coverings at all inside. They just dont work at all. This house has become a nightmare.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
lalabugu on Jan 23, 2020 wrote:
So I had finally finished decorating my castle last night . But when I returned today to inspect it and make sure everything was finally working right I was shocked to discover that all of my floor and wall coverings on the interior are now gone. I have logged out and then returned and they are all still missing. It took me a long time to acquire some of them as they are very rare and only dropped by fishing or they are extremely hard to get from packs etc. They arent in my pack. They just are gone.What is going on here? I even used a red wallpaper that you basically cant get. Took me two years to find it. I am so bummed.
Sad to say - Same thing happened to me early this week.
I hope they fix it soon. I made a post on a different part of these
forums, where you talk about bugs, glitches, and fixes.
Scarlet ShadowStone

Survivor
May 01, 2013
hopefulz33 on Jan 25, 2020 wrote:
Sad to say - Same thing happened to me early this week.
I hope they fix it soon. I made a post on a different part of these
forums, where you talk about bugs, glitches, and fixes.
Scarlet ShadowStone
I was hoping they would fix it with the server updates but apparently not. I did receive a reply from KI saying the testers were trying to figure it out and fix it. That was two days ago. Its really annoying to pay so much money for a castle just to have it suddenly not work. Im praying for a resolution.