Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Adding numbers to text chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 02, 2019
So, for some reason most numbers are unavailable. I can say "one" and "Hundred" but if I want to say "two" I must say "One plus one" for it to be readable. Why is this? I think that numbers should be added, and if not all of them are, at least adding "two" and "three" would help a lot, for things such as saying "I have 3 mana left" Or saying how many cards you have left in your deck, or many other things, like saying that I have some number of treasure cards and would be willing to trade for something else.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2019
I would agree in allowing us to say numbers from one to ten. But of course saying stuff like, "I am ten" should get filtered automatically.

Also something that I wanted to point out, in menu chat in the "Friendly" section, you can go to stats and say all your stats that need numbers to say.. including mana. BUT, there are some improvements to be done, like, for example saying how many cards you have left. Although there is some other stuff to add in my opinion. Such as:
> How much gold and/or crowns you have (to flex lol)
> And add a new section of Menu Chat called "Treasure Cards" where you can say how many of each treasure card you have. It will only say what treasure cards you actually have though (Duh) like, if you have 4 kraken cards there will be a menu chat option in treasure cards where it says, "I have 4 Kraken Treasure Cards." and so on and so forth for the rest of your treasure cards...

There are probably more things, but for now that's all I can think of that I haven't seen a menu chat option for.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Numbers will not work for players whose accounts do not have open chat.

KI did this to prevent young players from inadvertently giving out addresses or phone numbers in the game. They do work in Open chat but DO NOT give out personal information in the game.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Not allowing numbers and strings of numbers is KI's way to protect the privacy of younger players. If they could say numbers, they could be tricked into giving information to ( let's say ) very bad people.
There are a few ways around this "problem", substituting the word "several" for 3 or "too" for 2, for example.
Other examples:
"I have only one K of gold."
"I have fife cards left."

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
The major reason the censor so many numbers in the text chat list is because they don't want people, specifically children, handing out/exchanging their real life contact information.

Its KI's way of keeping the younger generation safe.

If you are at least 18 years old and created your account when you where at least 13, you can get access to open chat which will allow you can say individual numbers but people without open chat will not be able to see any word that the text chat filter won't allow.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Numbers were disallowed from regular text chat for safety reasons.

Previously, players would freely give their age out, address, email addressed etc.

KI wanted to censor this per say which is why numbers are now not allowed by regular text chat, only those having access to Open Chat.

But, I must say, not all text chatters are guilty of this offense of violating safety rules. Hence, I feel those with clean records should be given some form of lee-way.