Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Suggestions

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 09, 2018
G'day fellow forum browsers, Jewel here.

This is going to be a post about my suggestions to improve some minor things within the game - mainly critical.

In the recent Catacombs/Drains update, I noticed the hats shave off 1% damage in favor of an increase of about 25 critical for some schools, as well as adding pierce. While this does make 100% critical easier to obtain, it is not worth the farm. Anyone who's been farming, or even playing since Empyrea pt. I came out, has noticed around half the time, mobs will block critical hits. This is definitely an inconvenience to crit strategies made for farming reagents, snacks, or seeds. My storm with 157% damage can one-shot the Monkey Spiders by about 1400 extra damage with a tempest on turn one WITH a crit, but falls short by about 400-500 either without or when they block. The Dragoon hats are obviously very good, still, but it's pretty clear that ever since Polaris's release the hats are effectively PvE and almost every boss only due to giving no resist. With that in mind, the pierce stat is relatively useless unless you're farming a mob with resist to your school, or something like that. I'm not saying remove it, it's just not really the best addition to a hat. But back to the critical thing - if a tiny bit of damage is sacrificed for something that rarely comes in handy, I'm not sure I'll be using it against any boss post-2017.

Critical is starting to become obsolete. I've so far only talked about MOBS blocking crits a lot of the time, but bosses are a whole other case. While farming for my vanguard boots [that I just decided to craft cuz runs took longer than what was worth doing] I believe of around 50 groups I went in with, maybe 3-5 critical hits landed on Viggor? That's out of roughly 125 hits, done by myself and other hitters. Coupled with his high health and nerf-worthy outgoing damage boost, runs were often ruined by not killing the boss. What this is encouraging is a damage-heavy meta, which then makes the idea of having a chance to deal double the damage on a hit seem kinda bad since all the bosses do now is block.

What I propose is, once the new arc starts, let critical begin to work again. Reduce the block chance a by a bit on mobs and bosses to let it become relevant again.

Administrator
JewelKI on Dec 11, 2019 wrote:
G'day fellow forum browsers, Jewel here.

This is going to be a post about my suggestions to improve some minor things within the game - mainly critical.

In the recent Catacombs/Drains update, I noticed the hats shave off 1% damage in favor of an increase of about 25 critical for some schools, as well as adding pierce. While this does make 100% critical easier to obtain, it is not worth the farm. Anyone who's been farming, or even playing since Empyrea pt. I came out, has noticed around half the time, mobs will block critical hits. This is definitely an inconvenience to crit strategies made for farming reagents, snacks, or seeds. My storm with 157% damage can one-shot the Monkey Spiders by about 1400 extra damage with a tempest on turn one WITH a crit, but falls short by about 400-500 either without or when they block. The Dragoon hats are obviously very good, still, but it's pretty clear that ever since Polaris's release the hats are effectively PvE and almost every boss only due to giving no resist. With that in mind, the pierce stat is relatively useless unless you're farming a mob with resist to your school, or something like that. I'm not saying remove it, it's just not really the best addition to a hat. But back to the critical thing - if a tiny bit of damage is sacrificed for something that rarely comes in handy, I'm not sure I'll be using it against any boss post-2017.

Critical is starting to become obsolete. I've so far only talked about MOBS blocking crits a lot of the time, but bosses are a whole other case. While farming for my vanguard boots [that I just decided to craft cuz runs took longer than what was worth doing] I believe of around 50 groups I went in with, maybe 3-5 critical hits landed on Viggor? That's out of roughly 125 hits, done by myself and other hitters. Coupled with his high health and nerf-worthy outgoing damage boost, runs were often ruined by not killing the boss. What this is encouraging is a damage-heavy meta, which then makes the idea of having a chance to deal double the damage on a hit seem kinda bad since all the bosses do now is block.

What I propose is, once the new arc starts, let critical begin to work again. Reduce the block chance a by a bit on mobs and bosses to let it become relevant again.
Thanks JewelKI for the suggestions!