Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What are your top 3 favorite worlds in the Spiral? (Ranking worlds)

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 29, 2011
What are 3 favorite worlds and how you would rank all the worlds you've played so far?

As a level 130 Fire :

1. Empyrea:
Empyrea is my favorite simply because it has everything you'd want in a world; an intriguing story with high stakes, relatively fast-paced questing that doesn't feel dragged or forced, breathtaking visuals and graphics which are a step above every other world before it (particularly Empyrea part 2 with the Nexus, Samsara and the Husk), lots of humor and references, with game-play that's not as time-consuming as the final worlds in Arc 1 and 2 (except for the major bosses) with some interesting and challenging boss battles along with characters that undergo considerable development through the world and impact the story meaningfully. Empyrea took the storytelling to a different level and it has me excited for all the possibilities Arc 4 could bring.

2. Avalon:
Avalon is a breath of fresh air from Zafaria, and the medieval theme is one of my favorites. The story revolving around finding the Sword of Kings and discovering Avalon's past and how it connects to the main plot of Arc 2 makes this world really interesting, and learning more about some of the most important characters in Wizard101 lore in the past makes this world my second favorite. Also the fights are reasonably challenging, not too long but not too easy and some bosses have interesting cheats to deal with, making the game-play faster and more entertaining than Zafaria and Azteca.

3. Marleybone:
The first time I entered Marleybone, I loved the general aesthetic and the Sherlock-Holmes based plot, with entertaining characters. However, what I really love Marleybone for is the music, honestly my favorite soundtrack in the spiral. The nostalgia associated with this world, particularly the joy of finishing Big Ben for the first time ever back when this game had 50 levels is something special, and as someone who loves night time, the permanent night setting with all the rooftop climbing is something I love about this world.

As for the rest:
4. Wysteria - Underrated world with a really intriguing story that has twists and turns which help it progress. It's refreshingly short and has some entertaining characters and humor as well. Also, Tower of the Helephant. A Wysteria expansion would be amazing.

5. Mirage - The final battles of this world are callbacks to some of the earliest fights in the game and lead up to a suspenseful final battle. Half the reason I love this world is probably the super funny NPC, Ozzy; whose voice acting is perfect. The story doesn't feel long and works perfectly as the penultimate world in Arc 3.

6. Celestia - The cheating bosses were super fun to figure out and deal with. Although it has a sudden difficulty spike and can be quite challenging, it more than makes up for it with new schools, new spells, intriguing bosses and beautifully designed areas.

7. Polaris - Another Arc 3 world which shows off beautiful icy visuals and an entertaining but intriguing plot. The final villain is one of my favorites and this world also had some memorable NPCs tying into a fun story.

8. Dragonspyre - Beautiful aesthetic and the idea of a post-war world worked very well. Lots of different, challenging, memorable bosses. It wrapped up Arc 1 perfectly and had an enjoyable story that made sense. The only thing holding this world back is the excess of tower dungeons with multiple mob battles which got very repetitive.

9. Wintertusk* - A beautiful, scenic world with a solid plot and an unforgettable final dungeon. It doesn't feel too slow and has a decent amount of occasional humor too. What holds this world back is the series of never-ending ice bosses which spam tower shield; makes sense given the icy environment but game-play can feel repetitive and sometimes irritating as a result.

10. Khrysalis - Story-wise, this world actually has a very well-written story with good flow, and the aesthetic fit perfectly for the final world of Arc 2. However it's easy to miss out on the story or forget about it simply because the quests are unbelievably long, time-consuming and sometimes repetitive; questing feels slow. If it weren't for the slow pace, this world would've been much higher.

11. Azteca - Same exact problem as Khrysalis. Azteca's main plot points are very well-written with an amazing twist at the end. The overarching story is intriguing, however the excess of quests with long, drawn-out boss battles in the smaller regions result in forgettable subplots and questing feels mind-numbingly slow at times. Just like Khrysalis, if it weren't for the slow pace, this world also would've been much higher.

12. Wizard City - Introduces the game very well. It is simple by necessity as the purpose of this world is to help new players get accustomed to the game and build up the basics around which the story is centered. The new graphics are amazing and bump this world up to 11th, above Krokotopia.

13. Krokotopia - The overall aesthetic is one of my favorites but the old graphics don't do it justice in my opinion. The story is simplistic but introduces the main object of conflict in Arc 1 well and 3 main areas feel new and distinct. While some bosses are interesting they can feel a bit generic. However, the puzzles in all the dungeons (particularly the last one) are a bit of a breath of fresh air.

14. Grizzleheim* - I can see how others would enjoy this world, however I'm personally just not a fan of the repetitive nature-centered forest areas and having to grind through this world just for the sake of Wintertusk.
That tiny red bear that keeps walking though :')

15. Zafaria - Too. Many. Collect. Quests. Just like Grizzleheim I'm not personally a fan of the region but it does have it's charm. However this charm is lost on me due to the super-slow questing pace. One memorable boss here is Belloq, and every player loves to hate him. Other than that, boss battles and subplots felt boring. The overall theme of finding lost students had some intrigue to it but got lost in the excess of mob fights and smaller stories that didn't feel relevant.

16. Mooshu - I enjoyed every single world on this list, including Mooshu. However, once again I'm not personally a fan of the world design and the graphics in this world really need an upgrade. The only memorable fight for me atleast was the final battle, as it came with quite the twist (when playing for the first time of course). However the repetitive streets, somewhat slow questing, similar and interesting bosses and subplots really drag this world down.

- Anthony Mistblade, Level 130

*I'm considering Wintertusk as a seperate world because of the vast difference in game-play, difficulty, general method of storytelling and the vast difference in people like one over the other

Administrator
I personally would choose Empyrea, but that's partly because I'm a huge sci-fi fan ;).

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
As a level 130 ice, here are my top 3 worlds:

1) Avalon. Between the Monty Python references, the wonderful music, and the amazing art, Avalon is absolutely my favorite world.

2) Moo Shu. You enter the peaceful, zen-like world of Moo Shu after the hectic and rather dark world of Marleybone. I have been known just to stand in the Jade Palace pond, listening to the soothing sounds around me.

3) Wizard City. It's where I was a newbie! I love Wizard City.

Least favorite:

1) Celestia. It takes f o r e v e r. (Would pay handsomely for an elixir that let you skip Celestia hint hint.)

2) Marleybone. The atmosphere is so dark, and you get dragged off the *sidewalk* too often.

3) Dragonspyre. Fizzle rate. The end.

4) Empyrea. For no other reason than I have had to solo the majority of it, and I'm so tired, I gave up.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Favorite three, hmm...

Celestia: It was my absolute favorite when I was younger. Something about that alien look and the celestial magics charms me.

Mirage: The unique design, plot twists, and amazing look of the monsters impresses me very much. The special wide open design of the Barrows and Rubal Wasted is like none else (Except the Aero Plains). Also, giant worms! This is definitely a top.

Azteca: Who wouldn't love a dinosaur city?!? Azteca captures the charm of both the giant lizard, and Aztec Empire side of things. It almost moved me to tears when the meteor struck... Going there makes me sad, but unique storyline!

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
Great write-up and thread idea. My order may have changed over the years, but three have remained favorites for me.

Favorites:

1. Grizzleheim/Wintertusk
- I love the Nordic theme and cold, woodland environment. The story is great and the amount of experience you gain from completing Wintertusk is incredible for Grandmaster Wizards. It helps me quickly get to my Waterworks and House of Scales gear.

2. Polaris.

- Cold environment, lots of funny references, and an interesting story.

3. Avalon.
- The art style and pacing of this world feels very relaxing.

* Honorable mention goes to Wysteria for its quirky and funny theme. It's a nice break from WC and Krok.

Least favorites:

1. Azteca.

- I'm not a fan of the dinosaur theme, the world is very long, and mentally it's such a grind because it's the last world before you get to dive into Khrysalis and start getting all the fun new spells and Darkmoor gear.

2. Dragonspyre.
- Hard to dislike such a classic world, but its appeal has worn off over the years. I now find it a grind - especially considering I complete Wintertusk before it so the amount of xp earned here feels underwhelming.

3. Empyrea.
- I haven't played part two yet, but I wasn't a fan of the first part. The Sci-Fi theme and its questline just didn't stand out to me.