Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nerf Fire Beetle

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 14, 2011
I am just going to get straight to the point. Fire Beetle should give 1 fire trap, not 3. I get fire has fuel, but it is broken when they basically break your shield and leave 3 fire traps on you. Since fire has so much damage, they can basically just shrike and hit you with efreet then something else after, or follow up with brimstone into efreet. Death and life have similar spells but it is just 1 trap. Maybe fire beetle can get a damage boost as compensation but it shouldn't be able to destroy your shield and boost their next 3 hits (which they can compound with another different type of fire beetle)

Survivor
Dec 29, 2018
Is this really something Worth Nerfing?
Does this spell break Pvp?

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Oreo920a on Nov 13, 2019 wrote:
Is this really something Worth Nerfing?
Does this spell break Pvp?
Fire is a trap school and fire beetle is pretty strong. I don't think we should nerf it completely, but rather up the pip cost to 3 or something like that if we absolutely need to. It's not really that gamebreaking but ehhhhh

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
Yea I agree Fire beetle is overpowered and needs to be nerfed. Loremaster was nerfed because it was an unreasonable spell, fire beetle should be too. Fire beetle is 2 pips just like fuel but fire beetle BOTH hits AND provides a STRONGER version of fuel then the actual spell fuel does. Fire beetle should be 3 pips to balance out this spell. Fire is such a over powered school from first, and predicting a fire beetle is almost impossible. I dont even want to shield vs a fire when im second because they can remove my shield and buff their next 3 hits lol.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
It does very minimal damage, every school has something like this fire specilized in traps thats why this one gets 3, life and death have one and the fire beetle pet also only gives one of its card it's too rare to need a nerf values of treasure cards are supposed to be like this. if ANYTHING knock the traps percent down to 30% instead of 35%

Explorer
Feb 23, 2012
um no bc its a treasure card, rare treasure card at that, doesn't make any sense when most people use set resist for FIRE, on a triple ward pet anyway. burning rampage was nerfed. oh what next efreet? fire beetle is "spell breaking" lol how about look at something like shadow spells, hmm.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2010
Might as well be 3 pips or 1 trap.
The other beetles are 2 pips and 1 trap.
Brown Spider and Red Ghost are 3 pips, and they give DAMAGE BUBBLES.