Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Build a Pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 27, 2019
Hello, i'm Jack LegendHorn, I was reading a post and saw a message saying build a pet in your school, or something along those lines. So i'm wondering how do I do that. Do I just buy an ordinary pet and put balance things on it or do I have to get a balance school only and put balance equipment on it, I don't entirely understand how these things work, so if you could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2014
Hey Jack! My name is Adam!

First of all you need to obtain a pet. You can either do this by purchasing one (either from the crowns shop or a vendor) or obtaining one from combat as a reward. You can see which bosses drop pets by searching "Wizard101 Dropped Pets."

Second I *think* I might know what you mean by "build a pet" but just in case I'll let you know how you can customize your pet to your liking.

1st: You can customize your pet physically by changing it's color. I don't know if this applies to dropped pets but I know that you can change the color of vendor-bought pets.

2nd: You can breed your pet with another one to make it more like the pet you are breeding with. So for example let's say you have a piggle and you find a pet that gives you a spell you like or attributes that you like; You can breed your piggle with Pet #2 and it will become more like that pet.

3rd: Sockets and Pet Jewels. Sometimes your pet can unlock a socket at a certain age. If you look at the pet in your inventory it will tell you if you do. You can attach pet jewels to your pet when its socket it unlocked much like how you can to your other gear. If you are a life wizard for example you can obtain a pet jewel that gives you +3% life damage and attach it to your pet.

I hope this helped!

Community Leader
Hello! Here is some advice I gave to another player a while back-

The best way to get good pet stats is to use the Hatchmaking Kiosk (the egg stand in the Pet Pavilion) to search for pets that people have posted, that way you can see which pet has which stats you would want.

It doesn't have to by a balance only pet to have all balance stats, but usually pets that have a theme (such as a life pet but not life only pet) are used for school specific stats. I usually prefer to get the pet I want look wise first before I continue myself: If there is a certain pet you want looks wise, I would hatch with a pet, but try to find the one that you are going for look wise to be as close to the stats you are wanting, if you don't know what stats you want yet, I wouldn't worry as much about how close the pet you hatching for look wise talents are.

After you get the pet you want look wise, its time to hatch! Start hatching with the pet you want stat wise.

If you get another pet you didn't want looks wise, I would recommend not using it to hatch, just hatch the original pets again until you get the one you want looks wise. I would say train the pet to adult, and if the pet has stats that you want, hatch that pet with the one with the good stats instead of continuing to train. This will focus the pet's stats to what you desire.

When you feel comfortable with the stats you have on your pet to be willing to train them up higher past adult (may take 5-10 hatches), you may want to hatch again at ancient or maybe epic before going higher (if you are going higher)

Some pets may only take 5-10 hatches to complete, some (in rare cases) can take up to 30+. However, pets provide great benefits no matter what level you are.

And don't feel bad if you get frustrated with pets that didn't meet your expectations, we've all been there.

As far as good snacks to feed, I would suggest mega snacks from Couch Potatoes or Evil Magma Peas in Gardening, and there are some dungeons as well that drop mega snacks.

Good luck on your pet training and questing! I hope you enjoy the game :)

John Seablood Level 128 Storm

WhiteTiger93: Youtuber and Streamer Here --- Content Creator for Arcanum Archives. Check us out here for guides and events!