Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Guardian Angel NEEDS to be changed/removed for PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 08, 2010
I have been around in this game for about 10 years. About a year ago I've gotten into pvp and have a couple of warlords. But I have some problems with the pvp system, but Guardian Angel needs the most work.

It is in desperate need of removal. It's completely outrageous that a player can basically have a second, third, forth, etc. chance at the game after losing? It makes no sense, it removes skill and essentially all fun, and is basically unstoppable when paired with critical and healing boost gear. You made a change to Bad Juju, you can make a change to Guardian Angel. 90% of everyone in PvP wants it gone, the only other 10% are the ones abusing it to climb rank.

Suggestions to how it could change: make the spell not affected by stats like bubble boosts, incoming/outgoing healing, critical, or make the spell only heal back 5% of life, or only allow one to be casted per match (maybe a "guardian" shield like what was done to dispels)

Conclusion: Guardian Angel needs to be nerfed/removed from PvP

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
EthanStrongSword5 on Oct 31, 2019 wrote:
I have been around in this game for about 10 years. About a year ago I've gotten into pvp and have a couple of warlords. But I have some problems with the pvp system, but Guardian Angel needs the most work.

It is in desperate need of removal. It's completely outrageous that a player can basically have a second, third, forth, etc. chance at the game after losing? It makes no sense, it removes skill and essentially all fun, and is basically unstoppable when paired with critical and healing boost gear. You made a change to Bad Juju, you can make a change to Guardian Angel. 90% of everyone in PvP wants it gone, the only other 10% are the ones abusing it to climb rank.

Suggestions to how it could change: make the spell not affected by stats like bubble boosts, incoming/outgoing healing, critical, or make the spell only heal back 5% of life, or only allow one to be casted per match (maybe a "guardian" shield like what was done to dispels)

Have a bigger deck and have 4 reshuffles cards and don't disard a lot from yours main deck.

I made a jade flee from me he uses to angel strats but when he came back to live I stunned him.

With Jades you have to play the long game and some are better then others and it okay everyone messed up once and awhile.

Samantha family friendly

Survivor
May 30, 2014

I would have to disagree about that to be honest.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
I completely agree with what he is saying also I have posted my own message board suggestion for you guys to read on balancing.

Explorer
Aug 04, 2019

Yes guardian angel is a broken spell and people should not be allowed to get critical on it and many 2nd chances

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
I've gotten used to Guardian Spirit.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2011
After paying this game since before Celestia, I have noticed that a lot of players complain about spells that prevent them from winning quickly. When the reshuffle change was made to hasten the matches, I didn't think it was beneficial. The biggest two biggest problems I see in PvP and the reason I don't do it anymore is....people will flee immediately if they don't like the matchup because they can't get a quick win. The penalty for fleeing should be increased to 15 or 30 minutes. The second thing is the toxic environment. It seems that flaming and harrassing are the new norm and everyone thinks it makes you cool. Even with the PvP chat turned off, the harrassment continues. This behavior should be grounds for getting muted..

Administrator
ZenDragonMark on Nov 7, 2019 wrote:
After paying this game since before Celestia, I have noticed that a lot of players complain about spells that prevent them from winning quickly. When the reshuffle change was made to hasten the matches, I didn't think it was beneficial. The biggest two biggest problems I see in PvP and the reason I don't do it anymore is....people will flee immediately if they don't like the matchup because they can't get a quick win. The penalty for fleeing should be increased to 15 or 30 minutes. The second thing is the toxic environment. It seems that flaming and harrassing are the new norm and everyone thinks it makes you cool. Even with the PvP chat turned off, the harrassment continues. This behavior should be grounds for getting muted..
Is there an increase in this kind of activity? Please do report everything you see in the game. It's important that we're able to follow up so we can take any moderation actions as necessary.

Explorer
Oct 29, 2010
you never know who you get so you can not set up deck for guardian angel unless you know how to cheat and know what to play before hand, I see a lot of trolls when on live or twitch, discord for real come on people play fare game you can not play fare then you all nothing but losers that has to cheat to win

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
ZenDragonMark on Nov 7, 2019 wrote:
You the type of guy to have 47 damage as a max level

The penalty for fleeing should remain five minutes. "quick win" bruh you either jade or you've never fought a jade, nobody wants to sit there for 4 hours trying to see who runs out of cards first. I'm very very happy that it was removed, big strides in the PvP scene.