Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Experienced Player Aspirational Activities

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Hi Sparck - One thing that I would request that the creative minds at KI think about a bit more is the more advanced player perspective. Although there are surely opportunities available for the questing and PVP areas, I am referring specifically to more solitary type endeavors such as gardening or hatchmaking. These areas I would think are more easily modified due to no direct mano a mano competition involved. Less controversial. Assumption is that KI wants to retain their customers for as long as possible, especially that subset of Customers that happily go about their business paying monthly dues doing their pet hatching and gardening thing. I myself have found these attributes of the game to be quite addictive as well as relaxing and fun. I’m sure fishing is fun as well. Giving these players more to aspire to surely would have an effect on your retention rates of the long term membership players. I don’t want to box in any ideas but I have a couple of suggestions:

With the capability of stacked gardens, the highest level of Verdant Gardener is easily reached. I would add some aspirational levels above Verdant that truly need some dedication to reach.

While the Verdant title is nice to be able to add so that you can show off your accomplishment to the world, some other “rewards” that make you more unique would be awesome. Such as the capability of stitching into your gear a glowing capability that is unique to that badge. Or something that makes you stand out as unique. This both motivates the person that actually reaches the level as well as those that see that and decide they need to go for it as well. Since need to be a member to do this, both adding to more top line revenue

With hatchmaking, same thing as #1. Grandmaster Hatchmaker is a challenge but once you have a few pets that are popular, it’s a quick run to get there. Being able to stick out more especially while in the pet hatching area would be awesome for various reasons. Like a magnet for less experienced pet hatchers.

Provide some rewards that are unique to the accomplishment and specific to that type activity. For example, if you reach the next level gardener level above Verdant, give the wizard a Super Ultra jewel that gives them more energy to go about their pursuits in gardening. Next level hatchmaker could virtually be the same reward since Energy level is so important to the activity itself.

The KI team has done a great job in keeping it entertaining in many different aspects, but for the advanced players that have been there and done that, the tendency is to start wandering. Give us more to aspire to! Potentially could be a win for all.

Michael Legendhunter