Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Name Change!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2014
So I had this neat idea. You can change the name of your pet right? Right! We should be able to change our Wizards name as well! Atleast once for free and crowns the rest of the time!

I have my main balance wizard who I really have been working hard on leveling and just thought about how she’s named after an old friend. But she’s too high to just start over with “a new wizard just for names sake”

Free the first round and like 500 next round and it just keep going up. I have another game I play that does this! So I thought it’d be neat! Lemme know what y’all think!!!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
AnastasiaWolfrym on Aug 28, 2019 wrote:
So I had this neat idea. You can change the name of your pet right? Right! We should be able to change our Wizards name as well! Atleast once for free and crowns the rest of the time!

I have my main balance wizard who I really have been working hard on leveling and just thought about how she’s named after an old friend. But she’s too high to just start over with “a new wizard just for names sake”

Free the first round and like 500 next round and it just keep going up. I have another game I play that does this! So I thought it’d be neat! Lemme know what y’all think!!!
I think you should have only one name change ( & for Crowns, not free ) otherwise, players would be changing their names every few days ( unless, you make the crowns cost very expensive. )
Also, this may interfere with the programing.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
AnastasiaWolfrym on Aug 28, 2019 wrote:

Hi Anastasia!

This has been a great idea from a lot of people lol. This is probably the most requested thing to come to Wizard101. I’d say this question pops up on the boards at least 20 times a year.

If we keep asking it might happen, people asked for that seventh character slot for at least a decade and we finally got it!!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
So,

This idea has been suggested numerous times before.

The way you outlined it here is one I have to disagree with a little.

I feel if we have an unlimited number of name change occurrences, that will only lead to confusion and possible bugs.

Instead, I feel each wizard should be given only one opportunity to change his/her name.

This should be coupled with appropriate warnings statting that this change is irreversible along with friends being updated of the name change upon either logging in or clicking on that wizard on his/her friend list.

This way, there is a much more smoother and organized process to the change.