Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 New Ads and Console Version of the Game

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 08, 2018
Staff and Fellow Wizards,

Hello, I am a long time wizard of this game. Wizard101 has been a major video game for me over the past 10 years and I can't help but notice a couple differences. By that I mean I don't see any more advertisements. We need Twitch ads or some Nickelodeon ads again! Also have you guys considered bringing wizard101 to console? (More Importantly Xbox) a good way to do this would be to partner up with xbox game pass to supply the membership considering membership is a little difficult to maintain on console. Also the creation of Project Scarlett (New Xbox) would increase the capabilities for console wizard101. I'm just saying we need something before my childhood disappears into the void when the servers are shutdown. (Not saying they are close to it but don't make 35 year old me cry.) P.S. I’m not 35

Administrator
Dakota OwlWraith on Aug 20, 2019 wrote:
Staff and Fellow Wizards,

Hello, I am a long time wizard of this game. Wizard101 has been a major video game for me over the past 10 years and I can't help but notice a couple differences. By that I mean I don't see any more advertisements. We need Twitch ads or some Nickelodeon ads again! Also have you guys considered bringing wizard101 to console? (More Importantly Xbox) a good way to do this would be to partner up with xbox game pass to supply the membership considering membership is a little difficult to maintain on console. Also the creation of Project Scarlett (New Xbox) would increase the capabilities for console wizard101. I'm just saying we need something before my childhood disappears into the void when the servers are shutdown. (Not saying they are close to it but don't make 35 year old me cry.) P.S. I’m not 35
Hi Dakota! We're still advertising, but the mediums have changed somewhat, partially due to new capabilities that we didn't have on the Internet when the game launched. The pace has changed as well, so big TV ads just don't make sense anymore, at least at this time.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2018
Sparck on Aug 21, 2019 wrote:
Hi Dakota! We're still advertising, but the mediums have changed somewhat, partially due to new capabilities that we didn't have on the Internet when the game launched. The pace has changed as well, so big TV ads just don't make sense anymore, at least at this time.
Ok I was just wondering because I have not seen an ad in a while. I knew TV ads would not make sense but Twitch was a decent idea. Also if you guys ever do find a way to bring this to console please do! Thank you

Community Leader
Sparck on Aug 21, 2019 wrote:
It's nice to hear there are still advertisements for the game running! I have seen a couple around online myself, and someone I know said he saw one on a YouTube video. I love the continuously growing Wizard101 community. As a 2010 player, I have made some great memories in this game, and I'm excited to keep going and continue playing with original players and a new generation.

WhiteTiger93: Youtuber and Streamer Here --- Content Creator for Arcanum Archives. Check us out here for guides and events!