Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Spirit Week Event Idea

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 14, 2010
Anyone else kinda want a School Spirit Week Themed event to coincide with the start of the schoolyear? It would be fun no? To have an event that pits the different schools against each other in a competition for the Ravenwood Spirit Stick (if such a thing even exists, if it does its probably REALLY dusty).

I would have it run where you pick a single school to support at the start, then have it run kinda like the scroll of fortune where doing certain things earns you points, except these objectives would be your school's objectives (e.x. use a certain type of spell in a duel, or defeat monsters of the opposite school throughout the Spiral, etc...).

Different days could have different themes, like wacky day, costume day, pajama day, class spirit day, etc... Participating in these could also earn you points.

Maybe have a series of minigames based on Spirit Week class competitions like make some noise, class tug of war, staff tug of war, teachers vs students tug of war, relay races, dance competition, mascot contest, and so on that earn you points for your school.

Then you gain enough points you unlock a special quest to get some event themed item, get bonus points for your school, etc... The quests objectives could be traditional School Spirit Week ideas, like a schoolhouse decorating contest, maybe a class prank, homecoming/ *cough* *cough* official in game Ravenwood Ball. Wouldn't be fun to compete against NPC's for the title of Homecoming King or Queen, would make a nice event badge? Etc...

Then at the end of the week the winning school gets announced.

Or perhaps Ravenwood has some more magical themed Spirit Week traditions or maybe they've never heard of such a thing....

Hmm don't suppose anyone knows of a few, maybe Ambrose? Anyone else have any ideas, thoughts, or suggestions? This is all theoretical i guess, would love to hear some input on this...

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
Would definitely help put the 'Best School' debate under Hottest Topics to bed, it might also help the students and staff let it go for a bit as well. The subject of best school seems to be a very widely argued topic among students and teachers alike.

(Buts let's face it, we all know is the best :p)

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Very cool idea. I would like to see a drawing of the spirit stick of Ravenwood

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Makes me think of the Splatfests in the Splatoon series. I like this idea! It would definitely be enjoyable. However, there would probably be a lot of trial and error in making sure it's properly balanced. While I approve of the idea, I wouldn't expect such a thing for quite a while.

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
Lookit Light on Aug 15, 2019 wrote:
Makes me think of the Splatfests in the Splatoon series. I like this idea! It would definitely be enjoyable. However, there would probably be a lot of trial and error in making sure it's properly balanced. While I approve of the idea, I wouldn't expect such a thing for quite a while.
The mechanics of it would take time, even I know that KI can't just churn out a brand new event at the drop of a hat. Something like this would take time to develop, but it would be unlike any event in the already in the Spiral that's for certain.

It would seem like a nice event to tack onto the end of august or the beginning to September since KI put out their Back to School packages, or maybe even sneak it into the Wizard101 Anniversary celebration. As the community and KI celebrate another year of Wizard101 in real life, Ravenwood is celebrating the return of their students and the beginning of another school year, it would be a nice little immersion thing no?

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
Nordic Champion on Aug 15, 2019 wrote:
Very cool idea. I would like to see a drawing of the spirit stick of Ravenwood
Personally I think if such a thing did exist it might make a nice wand (as a reward linking into the event), but idk if Ambrose would let us go running around with it. ;)

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
That would make a nice wand! After everything we have done for the spiral, Ambrose might let us have it for fun, but maybe not... He can be kinda strict.

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
I've been wondering if the Deckathalons were for school spirit. It seemed that way because each school gets celebrated separately. I'm not a big fan of putting schools against each other, as I'm worried it could lead to mean labels and lack of respect. I just want everyone to get along and not fight over which is best. After all, you know your favorite school.