Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Recent Updates...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 14, 2010
So to start this off, I'm going to put this out there; I've been playing since the first year that this game came out. I remember when Grizzleheim was the newest floating Island, and the coolest Hoard Pack in the Crowns Shop (and it still is in my opinion, even though it was discontinued) was the Dragon's Hoard Pack. I remember when this first began and I was this little awestruck eight-year-old who had wanted to be a Wizard since I read the first Harry Potter book. I could hardly believe my eyes when I first saw this game.

Now, I'm eighteen and I am shocked that this game has survived as long as it has. I am shocked, but not at all surprised.

I was also an avid Freerealms player - I had a level 20 adventurer wizard whom I loved with every fiber of my soul - as well as a devoted Pirates of the Carribean Online player - I used to shirk my household chores around the house to play that game. But I always gravitated back towards Wizard101. There was just something so enchanting about being a witch or wizard who could travel to entirely different worlds and see entirely new faces that drove me towards this game.

I stopped playing for a while as my education began picking up speed, but I would occasionally check up on my wizards to see just how they were doing. Recently, as I am now officially finished with public school, I have been able to rekindle my love for this game.

I would say that it was as good as I remembered it, but I would be telling a lie. This game has far and away surpassed any memory I had had of it. I walked into Unicorn Way with my level one life wizard I hadn't touched in a year or so, and my jaw dropped to the floor when I saw Unicorn Way.

The Updates in this game have since rendered me speechless - from the much-needed voice changes of people like the Seraph in the Hedge Maze to the minor musical subtleties that have been altered (I'm thinking of the Jaws-esque music for the Storm Shark spell). Not to mention the graphical advances in Triton Avenue and Cyclops Lane. The recent updates have renewed my faith in this game.

Unfortunately, yes. I was worried about the state of the game ever since Freerealms and Pirates Online were shut down. Wizard101 is the last remnant of my childhood video gaming days - before I had ever touched a PlayStation or heard of Origin or Steam. But to see that there are updates being made and crowded servers, I am excited to see what else KingsIsle Entertainment has in store - I'll be prepared to fight whatever's next.

(Sorry - I know this is long and it's late, but I needed to get this out.)

Kudos to you, KingsIsle! Keep fighting the good fight, we are all in this!

Level 25 Death Wizard,
Duncan Frog.

Administrator
hruud10836 on Aug 8, 2019 wrote:
So to start this off, I'm going to put this out there; I've been playing since the first year that this game came out. I remember when Grizzleheim was the newest floating Island, and the coolest Hoard Pack in the Crowns Shop (and it still is in my opinion, even though it was discontinued) was the Dragon's Hoard Pack. I remember when this first began and I was this little awestruck eight-year-old who had wanted to be a Wizard since I read the first Harry Potter book. I could hardly believe my eyes when I first saw this game.

Now, I'm eighteen and I am shocked that this game has survived as long as it has. I am shocked, but not at all surprised.

I was also an avid Freerealms player - I had a level 20 adventurer wizard whom I loved with every fiber of my soul - as well as a devoted Pirates of the Carribean Online player - I used to shirk my household chores around the house to play that game. But I always gravitated back towards Wizard101. There was just something so enchanting about being a witch or wizard who could travel to entirely different worlds and see entirely new faces that drove me towards this game.

I stopped playing for a while as my education began picking up speed, but I would occasionally check up on my wizards to see just how they were doing. Recently, as I am now officially finished with public school, I have been able to rekindle my love for this game.

I would say that it was as good as I remembered it, but I would be telling a lie. This game has far and away surpassed any memory I had had of it. I walked into Unicorn Way with my level one life wizard I hadn't touched in a year or so, and my jaw dropped to the floor when I saw Unicorn Way.

The Updates in this game have since rendered me speechless - from the much-needed voice changes of people like the Seraph in the Hedge Maze to the minor musical subtleties that have been altered (I'm thinking of the Jaws-esque music for the Storm Shark spell). Not to mention the graphical advances in Triton Avenue and Cyclops Lane. The recent updates have renewed my faith in this game.

Unfortunately, yes. I was worried about the state of the game ever since Freerealms and Pirates Online were shut down. Wizard101 is the last remnant of my childhood video gaming days - before I had ever touched a PlayStation or heard of Origin or Steam. But to see that there are updates being made and crowded servers, I am excited to see what else KingsIsle Entertainment has in store - I'll be prepared to fight whatever's next.

Level 25 Death Wizard,
Duncan Frog.
Thanks Duncan for the awesome feedback and sentiment! We truly love this game and have put in now over a decade of work to build it up to what you see it as today.

I hope you'll keep with us as we move into the next 10 years! We always want your feedback, and to see your exciting adventures in screenshots and videos :).

Survivor
Aug 09, 2018
Yeah, I came back after a while too.
23 but don´t feel to old for this game tbh.

What I would like to see in the future is an update how wizards look, also being able to swap between boy/girl.
And a namechange, all in the mirrir shop.

Community Leader
hruud10836 on Aug 8, 2019 wrote:

Level 25 Death Wizard,
Duncan Frog.
I feel the same way. Wizard101 is undoubtedly my favorite game of my childhood, and the one I have played the longest continuously in my life. A lot of games don't make it this far, so I'm KI is still going and updating strong! Here is to another decade of magic!!!

Level 128 Storm ,

John SeaBlood

WhiteTiger93: Youtuber and Streamer Here --- Content Creator for Arcanum Archives. Check us out here for guides and events!
Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I've been playing this game since I was little, I think soon after it first cam out. Now look at this, ten years on and this is still my favorite game. I am honored to be a part of this game, and refuse to let go, not even if this game is done and gone! Allow me...

Wizards forever, to the Spiral entwined

We never let go, to these worlds we shall bind

Wizards forever, our bonding still fastening

We will never go, such great spells we are casting!

...was it good?