Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The spells of the creatures

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
To whom it may concern,

First and foremost, this is the time when I have decided to write and express my opinion about the spells of the creatures.

My experience is the following: throughout the whole questline in Dragonsypre when one is fighting with the monsters and bosses, it is so annoying when a creature has a given element (for example: rank 8 boss) then the only thing they can do is spamming the weakness. This is the only skill which all monsters can use in Dragonspyre. Nothing else. I find it pretty disheartening that there is nothing else these monsters can be strong with.

The same matter is true when they use a completely different high rank storm spell. Tell me, how can a life boss use a storm shark? Makes no sense.

Regards,

GL

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Welcome to Wizard101. We've seen the following:

Arc 1 has a lot of bosses that spam weakness, school shields, and they also use storm shark, kraken etc. You're almost done though, just a bit longer then you'll be done with it.

Arc 2 starts off fine, Zafaria you'll see some mobs and bosses use earthquake which can be a bit annoying but once you get to late Avalon and Azteca, all the ice mobs and bosses will use tower shield, bosses will start off with a ton of pips, you'll see frost giant and storm lord, etc. the after effects of spells will begin to haunt your dreams. Khrysalis is actually pretty nice though since you'll have some actually useful tools to go through it

Arc 3 can be described as "the arc where you actually have to use stun blocks and infallible in PvE" you don't actually HAVE to but prepare yourself for a LOT of smoke screens, winter moons, normal stuns even, and once Mirage hits weird resist values and set shields for two schools as well as outgoing damage boosts from bosses

Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
Dear Responder,

I see your point of view but I do not think giving mutated spells from storm to an ice boss would make any sense. Actually, it is pretty annoying that ice has less damage than storm and these bosses are strong anyway just because of an Ice Kraken or Icezilla.

I think this kind of spell deck of the bosses make the game less enjoyable in fighting.

Regards,

GrandLifegem