Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Catch of the Day: this stinks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
Today's catch of the day can only be found in the Serpentine Escape castle. But I can't find anyone who has that castle, so no catch for me! My twelve-day string is over. This is stupid. That fish should never be catch of the day.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Patrick Postreader on Jul 19, 2019 wrote:
Today's catch of the day can only be found in the Serpentine Escape castle. But I can't find anyone who has that castle, so no catch for me! My twelve-day string is over. This is stupid. That fish should never be catch of the day.
It would be good if house fish (the ones only available in certain houses) had the guarantee of the house being available through castle tours. It doesn't feel fair to me that you lost your streak because you literally had no way to get to the location

I know it's too late for this fish, but if you can't find a house needed for the catch of the day in the rated houses you can try 'new today' and go through them until you find one. When people need the house to be available those with it will put it on tours for friends. They won't have been there long enough to get a rating but should come up eventually in the 'new today'...though I'm not sure how many houses you'll have to view before you get lucky.

If you have multiple wizards needing the fish you might want to get a friend to help 'save' the house for you by porting in when you switch wizards so you don't need to find it again on each wizard.

I hope this helps and I really hope KI solve this fishing issue properly so players who haven't thought of this don't miss out or feel their efforts have been thwarted.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2017
My daughter had a "Catch of the Day" of over a hundred! But it ended when she was unable to get to a fish because the "house" was inaccessible. She wasn't caring so much about the gold earned, but would have accepted a badge or trophy she could put in her house or something for her success. She felt it was very unfair to lose her progress because the house was inaccessible.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
I certainly ran through the "New Today" list over and over. Nothing! Either no one had that house, or no one put it on the tour. And now my streak is about to end again because the COTD is behind a whole bunch of extra stuff in Crimson Fields that I don't have time for.