Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

corn on the cort.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 31, 2019
in wizard city a friend, came up, said he was muted, for tenth years, unfairly most shocking news, the law of wizards need too be change for a better law, this law is not met to be look as it is a punishment. this losing value players I here to defend game rights and to care, this law you have is very shocking, and needs a change, this is what been going on, this what he said, he was in wizard city, he being Bullied they called him trash, then they said banned him, he said also I made a big mistake when I made fun of the hall monitor. they said he was big and mad in stuff, just ignoring him, please let him have his wizard back from muted to positive have mercy on him, please let him have his voice back, the law is to strong the law need a change.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Bullies! HRRRRRRRGH.

That person was most definately NOT a hall monitor. As someone unafraid of the bullies, I too call for the bullying issue to be fixed. Anyone got any ideas to fix this issue?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
totwizard on Jul 6, 2019 wrote:
in wizard city a friend, came up, said he was muted, for tenth years, unfairly most shocking news, the law of wizards need too be change for a better law, this law is not met to be look as it is a punishment. this losing value players I here to defend game rights and to care, this law you have is very shocking, and needs a change, this is what been going on, this what he said, he was in wizard city, he being Bullied they called him trash, then they said banned him, he said also I made a big mistake when I made fun of the hall monitor. they said he was big and mad in stuff, just ignoring him, please let him have his wizard back from muted to positive have mercy on him, please let him have his voice back, the law is to strong the law need a change.
I'm sorry to break it to you, but your friend may not be being as honest about the situation as you think.

KI are not quick to give out a serious mute and there would either have been other warnings or the things he said were deemed so bad they could not ignore them.

When someone is reported KI look at the chat logs - they see both sides of what was said. Then they decide the appropriate action, if any. The account holder receives an email regarding it and KI will supply the info relating to what they said wrong. If someone made a genuine mistake they can say sorry and own their mistake, in which case KI may reduce the consequence, though they have no obligation to do so.

Unfortunately it sounds like your friend is claiming the sanction is unfair but admitting he said inappropriate things. As you were not there to hear what was said it's very possible he said things he is too embarrassed to share, is downplaying what he said, or is altering the context of why things were said.

If there is a genuine mistake or genuine remorse it is between the player and KI to discuss and resolve the issue. There is nothing anyone here can do, we are a forum for discussion and have no way to deal with individual account issues. The only advice I can give is for him to contact support@wizard101.com and try to resolve the issue directly.

I'm sorry you've been upset by this.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
I have no sympathy for someone who was muted, much less getting a ten year mute. All reports are logged and reviewed, I believe he got what he deserved. And he's very lucky not to have been permanently banned.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Hello,

I’m sorry in advance if I misunderstand what your saying. But how could someone that was muted tell you all of this? Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t “muted” mean you can only use menu chat and not text chat??

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Blaze03554 on Jul 9, 2019 wrote:
Hello,

I’m sorry in advance if I misunderstand what your saying. But how could someone that was muted tell you all of this? Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t “muted” mean you can only use menu chat and not text chat??

True Friends chat will allow a menu chat only player to text chat with a friend.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Blaze03554 on Jul 9, 2019 wrote:
Hello,

I'm guessing the muted player made a F2P 'talker' wizard to explain to his friend, since this was all said in Wizard City.