Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New idea for Castle Tours

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 21, 2013
I'm sure this would be a very popular idea.

When someone is visiting a castle, if they want to be able to return to it, they mark it as a favorite house. Then when at castle tours, they can view a list of favorites and if the owner has it available in tours, they can visit the house. While viewing the list, they can also remove it as a favorite if they want (though it should be prompted if they are sure they want to unfave it).

The benefit to this is that people who aren't friends could visit houses they really like anytime they are in the tours, even if that particular house isn't ranked. I've had people who wished they could visit my houses later on, but can't unless they are friends with me (and I have no room), or are friends of a friend, etc. This would let people show their admiration for a house, and could last across multiple times being listed in the tours.

Edit: Forgot to mention a limit of like 100 favorite houses. When viewing the list at castle tours, show name of castle, owner name, and maybe have a little button to click to see the owner's details, including being able to try to friend them if not friends already.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Fangs McWolf on Jul 5, 2019 wrote:

When someone is visiting a castle, if they want to be able to return to it, they mark it as a favorite house. Then when at castle tours, they can view a list of favorites and if the owner has it available in tours, they can visit the house. While viewing the list, they can also remove it as a favorite if they want (though it should be prompted if they are sure they want to unfave it).

The benefit to this is that people who aren't friends could visit houses they really like anytime they are in the tours, even if that particular house isn't ranked. I've had people who wished they could visit my houses later on, but can't unless they are friends with me (and I have no room), or are friends of a friend, etc. This would let people show their admiration for a house, and could last across multiple times being listed in the tours.

Edit: Forgot to mention a limit of like 100 favorite houses. When viewing the list at castle tours, show name of castle, owner name, and maybe have a little button to click to see the owner's details, including being able to try to friend them if not friends already.
I really like your idea

I think Castle Tours and the way houses are rated could do with a few tweeks too. There only seems to be a way to view unranked houses that are 'new today', resulting in many houses failing to even be viewed by enough players to be properly rated.

I think it would be good to change the viewings to 'unrated' and allow all homes to be viewed from there until they achieve 10 ratings so they can then be ranked more fairly.

Additionally I think it would make sense for the ability to rank a house to be dependant on the visting wizard at least seeing both inside and outside of the house. I've accidentally clicked 'new today' and decided to leave without looking around properly - I get the option to rank them and I don't think it is right that I should be able to rank them when I've only seen the entrance.

Castle Tours is a great feature and it would be nice for all wizards sharing their homes could get the opportunity to have their homes visited and ranked

What do you think?

Defender
Aug 01, 2014
Fangs McWolf on Jul 5, 2019 wrote:

This would be cool, along with maybe adding a 'queue system' for full houses. Sometimes I want to quickly team up for a fast winterbane but with everyone standing around and the house being full, there's no way to guarantee your entrance into the house. Adding a queue system to automatically teleport you in the house once there's room would be nice.